Ferran Torres signs for Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proving rather difficult to keep young Spanish players at the club. Silva came to us at 24 and some other experienced players have managed for a few years, but it generally appears difficult for them to acclimatise; a situation that has been exacerbated by COVID and the travel restrictions imposed. Wish him well but not sure we should be fishing in that pond, unless we’re more interested in turning a profit.
Making profits from any source is good for the club mate. It means we dont have to lend money at extortionate rates like other clubs. The academy made a profit of over 50 million last year which enabled us to go ahead and buy Jack Grealish. Then once he gets up to speed and moves the ball a bit faster we will have a top drawer player rather than a potential one.

Going thru his Twitter feed, no good bye to the club or the fans.
Even Eric Garcia did that

i did wonder about this as well. i think he’s just caught up in the excitement of the move and being back with his family. i expect he’ll post something soon.

It’s not all black and white bud. It’s no secret that our main men swear by the cule code. I didn’t say working against city but not enough fuss is kicked up when Barca show up. It’s their club and if you don’t believe they want to help then I can’t spell it out for you. Yes they work at city but the over the top adulation with anything cule is akin to the United istory fanfare.
The fact that the only 'like' you had for that bollocks is from a known troll should tell you all you need to know.

Going thru his Twitter feed, no good bye to the club or the fans.

Even Eric Garcia did that
Agreed. Even if he doesn’t handle his social media himself, it was poorly handled

To be honest I am non plussed about this, thankful for his service but I don't really feel bad or care he has left.

Hope he has a decent career

Making profits from any source is good for the club mate. It means we dont have to lend money at extortionate rates like other clubs. The academy made a profit of over 50 million last year which enabled us to go ahead and buy Jack Grealish. Then once he gets up to speed and moves the ball a bit faster we will have a top drawer player rather than a potential one.
Not opposed to making a profit, and agree with your point on Grealish and those who have extolled the virtues of Palmer and McAtee. Just sceptical about the merits of enticing players from Spain when they evidently have difficulty settling.

After Neymar every fucker at Barca is getting 1bn release clause.

We know nothing of the negotiations. Txiki isn't going to sit at the table and just have 100m written on a whiteboard. This is a business and it's a good deal.

Just because he's injured it doesn't mean we are going to act like dicks and stick him in the stands.
It's a reasonable deal. That's all.

i do wonder why he moved to manchester city in the first place and had options to stay in Spain.
city got a bargain and a potential very good player. but something never seamed right and to good to be true.
i never buy into not liking manchester or england and the weather but something was there in the back ground and always played really good for spain on international duty

Manchester city cashing in right now means only one thing for me ? we are in for a big name striker right now
and that £50million will settle the FFP people and keep them from moaning about where did the money come from

haaland is available for the right price and the time is right for him to move and dortmund will pocket good money to invest in more young up and coming players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.