Ferran Torres | Signs for Barcelona (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only comfortable with this transfer if it guarantees bringing in a centre forward. the fee is what it will be, a replacement is far more important

Not really that bothered if he leaves since he is not a regular starter for us anyway. But considering his age, contract lenght, being a Spain international & our lack of strikers at the moment, I see no reason to why we would let him go cheap. If we would sell him to Barca for anything less than £70m, it would be time to ask questions about which club Txiki has been working for when negotiating this transfer.

Personally I doubt he will leave this January. Cant see Barca being able to afford him, and its just noise to please the demanding fans. See some people saying they can just pay the fee over 5 years, it doesnt matter to City. It does matter, because if they dont pay like they should it will cause us problems when balancing the books in the future. And Barca are not exactly known for paying their transfers fees when they should, they owe money to half the clubs in Europe because of overdue payments at this point.

But if we could get Torres out and Joao Felix or Vlahovic in for the same money in January, I would happily do it.

Last edited:
Well reports now is €60m we after for Ferran so last week it was £70m now it’s around £15m less feel like we will end up getting €50m yep we make a profit come on he is going to play up front for Spain for the next 10 years also you can bet the buyout they put in will be a billion! Rather keep him than sell him for less than £70m

City are pretty adept at including add-ons and sell-on clauses, as we saw with Sancho.

I'd be pretty confident the final price would be acceptable to us.

Barca need a miracle not to drop down into the Europa League and that is also going to hit their coffers hard.

Barça are going to have to persuade Ferran that they’re a better bet for his future than City. As things stand in the CL he’s going to be hearing “Juegan jueves, montón de mierda”, to the tune of “Oh what a night” in every Liga game he plays.

This thread can be closed.

Barcelona's current budget was based on them reaching the 1/4 finals.

Going out today just cost them €20m in prize money and €10m in gate receipts.

It was questionable if they could stump up a fee for him before, now there's no chance.

This thread can be closed.

Barcelona's current budget was based on them reaching the 1/4 finals.

Going out today just cost them €20m in prize money and €10m in gate receipts.

It was questionable if they could stump up a fee for him before, now there's no chance.
At this rate, they will declare bankruptcy in January LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.