Feyenoord(A) - Post Match Thread

Great performance by all

Have a liking for Feyenoord so bit poor slating them for no atmosphere

If we were fucked over like they were no one would be in the ground supporting the team like they did

They reminded me of our fans in the dark days

The result in the other match yesterday really helped us, as I still see Napoli being our biggest challengers in the group (not that I'm overlooking Shakhtar). Wins in all three of our home matches should ensure we have the group wrapped up before Shakhtar away, and if we can get a point or a win at Napoli we're definitely sitting pretty by matchday 6.

Great performance by all

If we were fucked over like they were no one would be in the ground supporting the team like they did

People paid good money to get to Rotterdam and sang a song that was harmless banter. Ninety percent of our chants were just encouraging Blues which is how it should be.
Chatting to Feyenord fans after the game, they took the banter in good spirits.

Ground was fine, no one expects luxury if you're on a European away . It wasn't a shithole , it was an old school football ground . If you want shithole ,big grounds...... join us in Napoli in November . City did quiten the masses with early goals but their fans never gave up on their team . DIdnt see the ground emptying with 10 minutes to go , unlike somewhere closer to home . The whole Feyenoord trip ticked all the boxes....Dutch were as good as gold wherever you went, beer and food was spot on, travel was easy, special train to Rotterdam and Amsterdam from outside the game afterwards . And great away support . Good to see other Blues enjoying the Rotterdam trip.

Yep. every single one of the new signings looks like a big upgrade, especially Walker and Mendy. It's solved the Kolorov/Zabaleta/fullback problem perfectly.

I don't believe in fate. I believe in football, and I believe in this manager and this team. If we have a weakness, it's that teams can hit us on the break when the full backs pile forward. But if we keep scoring like we are doing, and I believe we will, then it really won't be a problem.

I've said since the summer...I think this will be the most successful season in the club's history.
Some statement. I agree it does look like we've solved the full back problem. However, Chelsea look very strong to me. They've still got hazard to come in and are a very well rounded team. They are basically the finished product whereas we're a work in progress

Great performance by all

I was saying exactly the same thing with five minutes remaining. The atmosphere was muted, mainly because they were 3-0 down so quickly, yet they still stayed, and supported their team.
Before the match I thought the atmosphere was better than any Premier League Stadium, and less contrived than the Bundesliga outfits.

Great performance and result.
Ground is a shithole and their famous so called atmosphere dissappears if you score early on.
Loved the faces of their fans when the City fans ripped them a new one all game.

Their fans were awesome, was ridiculously loud on tv, still singing at 80minutes 4-0 down was special. yes could defo hear the blues. But would have loved to be there an experience that atmosphere

Some statement. I agree it does look like we've solved the full back problem. However, Chelsea look very strong to me. They've still got hazard to come in and are a very well rounded team. They are basically the finished product whereas we're a work in progress

I'm not sure I agree with that. I think we are one centre half (and possibly one holding midfielder) away from the "finished product", but I see that Finished Product being Champions League winners. I think this team was ahead of Chelsea last season and is further ahead of them this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.