FFP facing legal challenge (updated pg 12)

Re: Wall St Journal Article on FFP

waspish said:
fbloke said:
Remember when i said this -

From what I understand of EU law any EU citizen or business can ask for an investigation into such business practices.
Just a few pages back.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=280291&start=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=280291&start=40</a>

Now we have

In conformity with article 101.2 of the Treaties of the European Union, the complainant requests the European Commission to declare that the Break-even rule is null.

***walks away whislting merrily***

Yes ;)

What about the premier FFP would same rules apply?
As we're part of the EU, you would imagine that any ruling would apply.

Not that it matters to us, as we'll comply anyway soon enough.

waspish said:
fbloke said:
Remember when i said this -

From what I understand of EU law any EU citizen or business can ask for an investigation into such business practices.
Just a few pages back.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=280291&start=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=280291&start=40</a>

Now we have

In conformity with article 101.2 of the Treaties of the European Union, the complainant requests the European Commission to declare that the Break-even rule is null.

***walks away whislting merrily***

Yes ;)

What about the premier FFP would same rules apply?

From what I've read if a UEFA wide FFP was declared illegal under EU law any subsidiary national version would also be deemed illegal too.

Daniel Striani is an agent for the company: MAD Management (full title "SPRL MAD Management" - SPRL meaning "limited company" in Belgium).
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisation/footballgovernance/playeragents/letter=s.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisat ... ter=s.html</a>

Interestingly he doesn't seem to have any players against his name a similar name or against the company or a similar company name on any of the online football player information web sites.

waspish said:
Cheers...

Should we test the water and spend 200m this summer

The problem UEFA now face is what it may cost them in fines/claims from affected clubs if they impose limits ahead of any verdict.

The best result for UEFA right now would be to suspend FFP.

fbloke said:
waspish said:
Cheers...

The problem UEFA now face is what it may cost them in fines/claims from affected clubs if they impose limits ahead of any verdict.

Am I right in saying we still don't know the exact punishments from breaking FFPR

waspish said:
fbloke said:
waspish said:
Cheers...

Am I right in saying we still don't know the exact punishments from breaking FFPR

There is no set tariff as far as I am aware.

Which makes you wonder why that is the case.

I sincerely hope it gets blown into outer space A.S.A.P by someone with the bollocks to take them on.It sickens me how the rags and Spurs and Arsenal,not to mention the dippers,don't like it now their cosy little cartel has been breached and want to change the rules to suit them.

Surely it could be challenged just on the basis that it is unfair because clubs with bigger stadiums will generate more revenue,in itself unfair competition?

There will be a series of challenges to FFP by different groups affected in different ways.

As I just tweeted - imagine a club in need of investment proving that that investment was not forthcoming because of the limits to ROI caused by FFPR and UEFA's anti-competitive stance?

That would surely kill it off under EU law and wont be difficult to prove.

All it takes is a club/owner/fans with motivation to take on the fight.

fbloke said:
waspish said:
fbloke said:

There is no set tariff as far as I am aware.

Which makes you wonder why that is the case.
because it will depend on how you have breached it but, more importantly, who you are

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.