FFP facing legal challenge (updated pg 12)

Re: Wall St Journal Article on FFP

Although nothing to do with FFP [just yet], readers would do well to read today's news regarding AS Monaco. Apparently, the French government want to end the principality's tax haven status whereby there is no such thing as income tax. They also want Monaco to relocate their headquarters to France to ensure they operate on an equal basis to the rest of that league. There is also a dispute over a certain sum of money [£168m] if they refuse to move. Interesting stuff, and although it isn't at first sight anything to do with FFP, it is really as Monaco want to sign prestige players and the exemption from Income Tax is certainly a big pull for them.

FFP, tick tock. Not too fussed about the result if they are legal we will comply if not our rise to world domination will not take as long and Manchester and Paris will become the two powerhouses of Europe.

Regarding the Premiership's £4m annual wage rise cap, Rugby Union had has a salary cap in place for years, MLS clubs have had a salary cap in place for years, surely if this was illegal it would have been challenged by now?

Master_Tactician said:
Regarding the Premiership's £4m annual wage rise cap, Rugby Union had has a salary cap in place for years, MLS clubs have had a salary cap in place for years, surely if this was illegal it would have been challenged by now?
I'm not 100% sure about this, and I may need your masterful knowledge to help me out but the last time i looked the MLS was in the Colonies and, as such, not subject to EU law

Master_Tactician said:

A Salary Cap is a restraint of trade and is illegal in virtually all Western democracies UNLESS it is agreed with most employers and is fair - i.e. also agreed with the players representatives (normally a player Union of some sort). When all sides agree the league operates, when they don't there is normally a labour dispute - be it a strike or a lock out.

Master_Tactician said:

MLS is on another continent and laws there will no doubt be different. It is also a fledgling game over there, so salary caps probably wouldn't be reached except by certain personalities such as Beckham and Henry. Those two were certainly happy enough to cross the pond, so earnings for some were obviously attractive. As for rugby, it's long established but is still a minority sport. Many years ago, RFU players were amateur and had to rely on 'expenses'. If rugger players wanted to make money from the game, they had to cross the great divide and convert to RFL. The RFU were losing their best players so they had to adapt and allow professionalism into the game. This stopped the rot and they were then able to keep their top players.

In the end, money will rule above ethics, it always has and it always will, and UEFA will ultimately follow the golden goose for fear of being left behind.

squirtyflower said:
Master_Tactician said:
I'm not 100% sure about this, and I may need your masterful knowledge to help me out but the last time i looked the MLS was in the Colonies and, as such, not subject to EU law
In fairness to him, he only claims to be a master tactician rather than an expert on international tax law.

He would be great to pair up with in a game of "Risk", which appeals to my inveterate sense of egomania, obviously.

risk-game-of-global-domination.jpg

gordondaviesmoustache said:
squirtyflower said:
Master_Tactician said:
In fairness to him, he only claims to be a master tactician rather than an expert on international tax law.

He would be great to pair up with in a game of "Risk", which appeals to my inveterate sense of egomania, obviously.

i could never see City joining up with the scum

squirtyflower said:
squirtyflower said:

Are you accusing me of being a Rag?.....

squirtyflower said:

Are you accusing me of being a Rag?.....
not at all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.