FFP facing legal challenge (updated pg 12)

chicagoblues said:
It seems like FFP is a two faced animal. It says one thing but means something and it says something but it means one thing.
The master mind behind this must've been high on drugs while riding high on illusion .Bunch of hypocrites with daggers in their hands.
Seems they are governed by a few clubs to govern the rest.

i8therags said:
chicagoblues said:
It seems like FFP is a two faced animal. It says one thing but means something and it says something but it means one thing.
The master mind behind this must've been high on drugs while riding high on illusion .Bunch of hypocrites with daggers in their hands.
Spot on

i8therags said:
chicagoblues said:

ruled by a few for a few

r.soleofsalford said:
i8therags said:
chicagoblues said:

ruled by a few for a few
More apt. It Best describes them. Hope one day with the likes of PSG we can help change them into a none corrupt organisation for the good of football.

if a guy won the lottery in a small town like rochdale or oldham , and was a lifelong supporter , he wants to buy the club and invest £100m to get the team he loves and supports into the premiership , could someone tell me what is wrong with an individual wanting to invest his money , and why would the football league .premiership or UEFA have a problem with this , they would be putting £100m directly into the game of football , Has the world gone crazy ? or is it just the football authorities that have lost all contact with real football supporters , who all dream of their clubs playing at the top level , because if FFP does get hold of our game , the romance of a wimbledon or a wigan will be lost.

gmckennasell said:
if a guy won the lottery in a small town like rochdale or oldham , and was a lifelong supporter , he wants to buy the club and invest £100m to get the team he loves and supports into the premiership , could someone tell me what is wrong with an individual wanting to invest his money , and why would the football league .premiership or UEFA have a problem with this , they would be putting £100m directly into the game of football , Has the world gone crazy ? or is it just the football authorities that have lost all contact with real football supporters , who all dream of their clubs playing at the top level , because if FFP does get hold of our game , the romance of a wimbledon or a wigan will be lost.

His team may become too competitive.

r.soleofsalford said:
i8therags said:
chicagoblues said:

ruled by a few for a few

yes basically a cartel

aren't cartels illegal under EU competition law?

gmckennasell said:

Totally agree, have given the example of Richard Branson looking at the high street supermarkets and deciding he wants to get into the business, he looks around for a company to buy and invest in, He disregards the big boys and instead decides that the best value opportunity is Lidl. He looks at the structure and realises to compete in the market he is going to have to inc=vest multi million pounds. in the process he will create jobs and pump money into the economy.

Is there any reason why he would be prevented from doing this?

More to the point surely it must be illegal in some way to actively prevent someone from doing so.

I honestly stopped worrying about this ages ago. You can drive a horse and coaches through it, legally speaking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.