FFP facing legal challenge (updated pg 12)

bluevengence said:
Then their is always little sheikh mansour to carry on the good work...in say 30 years time

[bigimg]https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHMk4PcSEbZiNmu9GRJHnQZrznD8eI_eJiD2Hi4CDzCFCTqKq4[/bigimg]
I remember my dad getting me a bike when I was a kid and I was over the moon his dad has got him Manchester City and a couple of countries :)

M18CTID said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
big blueballs said:
The old owner getting bored routine ay....it amazes me that the fools who throw this old line out never seem to be worried about the likes of Aston Villa, Liverpool, Sunderland, Newcastle, Stoke, Fulham and any more who have millionaire/billionaire owners....funny that
What's more likely to induce boredom?

Owning Sunderland: ground two thirds full; league ambition - mid-table, at best; no European games; reasonable possibility of a good cup run; local derby - Newcastle.

Owning City: ground sold out every week, expansion in the pipeline; league ambition - to win it; European games - Champions League; strong possibility of a good cup run: local derby - second biggest game in European club football.

Oh the agony of choice.

In any event who the fuck could ever "get bored" of running the wonderful insane asylum that is Manchester City?

Fantastically put as always. I'd also hazard a guess that for all the Sheikh's business interests, while owning City is hardly his most profitable, it may well give him the most satisfaction. Selling those shares in Barclays at a huge profit no doubt gave him a buzz but moments like Aguero's title-winning goal are priceless.
Our critics fail to understand the Arab mentality that exists within the ruling elite.

Anyone who follows horse racing will know that the sport is heavily dependent on it's Middle East backers, but apart from the occasional superstar animal that arises, the sport is close to being a loss making venture. Yet they still participate because it brings them prestige and they are likely to meet the 'right' people who have similar interests. It isn't called the Sport of Kings for nothing.

Football will not bring them the same elitist contact, but it is far more likely to bring them recognition on a personal level, and it will certainly bring their nations global publicity.

There is no boredom to be suffered. Instead, owning City is a sound and sensible investment.

As many have pointed out, the chances of our owner getting bored are zero. The state of Abu Dhabi owns countless billions in real estate & major companies globally but all of them combined do not give anything like the exposure that owning City does.

What many outside the club conveniently forget is that a football club does not generate profits like a normal business so the traditional model is to build up the asset value. The club is now worth much more than when ADUG bought it and it will continue to grow in both size & value.

What happened to this legal challenge? I haven't heard anything about it in a long time.

Darkhorse said:
What happened to this legal challenge? I haven't heard anything about it in a long time.

"The wheels of justice turn slowly, but grind exceedingly fine..."

The European Court tends not to give swift judgements.

Can the litigants apply for an injunction until the matter can be heard, does anyone know. Surely someone is looking into this.

I'm no cynic said:
M18CTID said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
What's more likely to induce boredom?

Owning Sunderland: ground two thirds full; league ambition - mid-table, at best; no European games; reasonable possibility of a good cup run; local derby - Newcastle.

Owning City: ground sold out every week, expansion in the pipeline; league ambition - to win it; European games - Champions League; strong possibility of a good cup run: local derby - second biggest game in European club football.

Oh the agony of choice.

In any event who the fuck could ever "get bored" of running the wonderful insane asylum that is Manchester City?

Fantastically put as always. I'd also hazard a guess that for all the Sheikh's business interests, while owning City is hardly his most profitable, it may well give him the most satisfaction. Selling those shares in Barclays at a huge profit no doubt gave him a buzz but moments like Aguero's title-winning goal are priceless.
Our critics fail to understand the Arab mentality that exists within the ruling elite.

Anyone who follows horse racing will know that the sport is heavily dependent on it's Middle East backers, but apart from the occasional superstar animal that arises, the sport is close to being a loss making venture. Yet they still participate because it brings them prestige and they are likely to meet the 'right' people who have similar interests. It isn't called the Sport of Kings for nothing.

Football will not bring them the same elitist contact, but it is far more likely to bring them recognition on a personal level, and it will certainly bring their nations global publicity.

There is no boredom to be suffered. Instead, owning City is a sound and sensible investment.

That's fucking depressing TBH.

I actually think he might enjoy it, just a little bit.

It seems like FFP is a two faced animal. It says one thing but means something and it says something but it means one thing.
The master mind behind this must've been high on drugs while riding high on illusion .Bunch of hypocrites with daggers in their hands.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.