FFP - Scudamore Says Carry On Regardless

Back of a fag packet finances, for a good read look at <a class="postlink" href="http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/manchester-city-masterplan.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2011/ ... rplan.html</a> on how he thinks we could hit FFP.

£194m loss -£34m write-off = £160m
-£160m + CL Revenue (£20m) = £140m
-£140m + Etihad Spnsorship (£40m) = £100m
-£100m + Allowable exceptions (£20m) = £80m
-£80m + Reduced amortisation on sales and new contracts (£20m) = £60m
-£60m + new sponsorships, PL winners (£15m) = £45m

Just off the big ticket items we could go from a £194m loss to a £45m loss and I'm sure the club have other stuff they can do.

I've not even included selling players and losing their wages as I'm assuming that will be Bobby's cash he'll be given to refresh the squad.

I'm hardly bothered about FFP, assuming we don't drop out of the cash cow that is the CL.........

Think it will ever come down to the situation where clubs will plan to enter the Champions League every few years?

Going through differrent phases. Invest heavily in the team to perform domestically, then gradually start cost cutting to meet FFP regulations. Then repeat.

VOOMER said:
Laurent Charvet said:
I can see FFP being scrapped within 5 years.

Totally agree

Wont even take that long imo. as soon as it bites a big club or a mid range clubs starts to appear like it's in trouble it will all be changed.

I don't think it will even get that far. It will either be so dilluted as to enable everyone to meet it or it will be laughed out of the appropriate European Court.

As for City (as per my earlier post) I'm confident it will not be an issue and the people running our club factored FFP into their plans even without a Premier League win this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.