Fickle fans

Excellent original post, Im with you on that chant it makes me cringe ,that's not the city ive loved and supported ,our fans are no longer humble anymore ,our fans are turning into rags

As you can see by my user name, I live in Hong Kong, and was a founder member in setting up the City Supporters Club there.

I know Neil (OP Chicago Blue). He is a more loyal blue than a lot I see on this forum.

The amount of moaning is pathetic, stinks of small club mentality. Sure we get frustrated when we play poorly, or disagree with a team selection/substitution etc,. Been a few recently.

But we are so lucky to be fans of a club, that 15 years ago looked to be on it's last legs.

Pull together Blues, piss off WUM Rags who pretend to be Blues.. (then again I bet there are City fans on Utd forums doing the same) tres sad.

We will win the PL.

p.s anyone traveling to HK, The White Stag is our clubhouse, pm me for details, see Facebook for pics and vids from the 1-6.

combster said:
Excellent original post, Im with you on that chant it makes me cringe ,that's not the city ive loved and supported ,our fans are no longer humble anymore ,our fans are turning into rags

[ insert x-Files theme tune ]

Having read through the thread I have nothing but respect for the guys that fly over from Canada and the US.

I am being totally honest here and maybe more on here should be, so here it goes.....................................

I am struggling with the pressure, there I said it.............

To the point where I feel sick with worry, feel really ill when we lose and I mean ill to the point where I think it isnt worth feeling this bad.

Im 43 Ive seen everything and I must say that I never felt this stressed, worried, nervous or as sick when we were getting relegated.

I think Kolorov, Dzeko, Savic are the players that may unhinge our plans to win the title but they are not the worst players we have ever had by a long ,long way, its just that our feelings are amplified by this pressure of trying to win the Premier League.

Maybe its the years of being put down, maybe deep down we fear that fate will have it that it will be the dreaded scum from down the road that will rip our hearts out again, maybe its because we feel that its us against the world, the media, the refs, the FA and with some justification.

But we are on the rollercoaster now, the belt is fastened and the ride is 3/5 of the way through. I want this title more than anything and we as fans can and should play our part.

I have no voice after every game but yet I see plenty around me silent, we are too nice as a club and as fans. The scum and the likes of Liverpool appeal for everything, corners, throw ins, penalties etc etc.

Eastlands must become a couldren for the final 8 or so home games.

As for being fickle, I just think there are several more thousand like me who are also feeling this pressure.

here, here....I kinda miss the good old days. I feel more stressed now as a city fan than I did when we were fighting for premiership football. Can't complain though, this all still feels like a dream though. Please don't wake me up...

ChicagoBlue said:
Having only been a City fan for every one of my 48 yrs, and seasoncard holder who lives overseas, I am dumbfounded by some of the nonsense I read about things at City.

We won the FA Cup last year and broke the drought
We are top of the league
We are breaking scoring records FOR
We are breaking scoring records AGAINST
We have most clean sheets in the league
We have one of the best managers in the world
We have a world class stadium
We have the best owners in the world
We are debt free
We NOW have the ability to attract world class players
We HAVE world class players in our team

And, for those of you who have only been a City fan for a few years, because you have only seen onwards and upwards:

We are not in a relegation battle.......in the Championship
We do not need to score two goals in injury time at Wembley to get into the Championship
We do not have local derbies with Macclesfield and Stockport
We do not have a revolving door on the Manager's Office
We are not attracting the aging dregs of world football in the hopes that they've "still got it"

Yes, we got beat by one goal by United in the FA Cup after playing 78 minutes with 10 players
Yes, we lost a two legged SF to Liverpool, after losing the home leg, and drawing 2-2 at Anfield
Yes, we have had a few bad games this season
Yes, some of the world class players are tired after "two or three a week" for the past 60 days
Yes, we are missing a few key players, but have a squad that should be able to cope

So, forgive me for saying, but WHO THE FUCK HAVE WE BECOME?

I EXPECT rags to whine about the above!
I EXPECT bin dippers to think the above is not good enough!
I EXPECT Norf Lahndahners to not be satisfied with it all!

I EXPECT REAL CITY FANS to realize that the Blue Moon Is Rising and, while there will be a bump or two along the road to success, there is NOT A SINGLE DOUBT that we are living the best era of being a City fan for 40 years, and possibly EVER!

I LOVE CITY! I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED CITY! I WILL ALWAYS LOVE CITY!

AND, TODAY, WE ARE THE BEST CITY I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!

CTID,

ChicagoBlue

P.S. "We're Man City, we'll score when we want!"
Really?
THAT is the NEW Man City?
Don't like it.
Don't like it one bit.
It is NOT the Man City I know and love.

We can do better!

Please put this as a board sticky ! Then we can refer said drama queens to this post for a reality check.

Listen, everything is relative.

When we were getting relegated we moaned and complained about team selections, tactics. This is no different it's just the expectation has changed.

The one thing us 'fickle fans' realise is that United very rarely slip in these situations because they're used to it where as we're not. That's an enormous amount of pressure in itself, then add the 'typical city' moment that we're all expecting to happen which brings more pressure, then add being dumped out of 3 competitions because of tactics and team selection (and a bit of bad refereeing) and that brings more pressure.

Do you not understand that no matter what is said on here whether it being a bit of hysterics or 'slagging' the club off is just a way for people to release the pressure we're feeling as supporters?

We all want what's best for the football club, we all want us to succeed at the highest level. It's just sometimes we over react because the expectation is so high.

Give us a break

Marvin said:
Seriously a lot of the fans posting are Utd fans

Yeah you generally say that every time someone has a different opinion to you
I differ in my opinion to you mostly so i have come to the conclusion that you are whopping great RAG

Prestwich_Blue said:
Just what we need; A wannabe Colin Shindler who much preferred it when we were shit and cared more about the day out than the football itself. Can I ask who uses your ticket on the (presumably frequent) occasions you're not?

That's on the same scale as Liverpool fans who believe that their 'istree is more important than their future. Let's stay just as we used to be and happily accept mediocrity and inconsistency.

There's still plenty of passion and humour among City fans but you clearly fail to understand that the level of nervousness and anxiety is so much higher these days. Every single game is a must-win because the clubs around us will usually win theirs That inevitably brings a slightly different attitude. That is the price of success whether you, Colin Shindler or anyone else likes it or not.

This ^^ and from a moderator too? I despair as I class this post alongside the blinkered refs and their bosses views. You should hang your head in shame - oh no, thats not possible as like the refs you are unanswerable to anyone.

Great post Chicago. Ask yourselves would you swap being a City fan for any other club in the country at the moment? would you balls, enjoy the ride now because as my old friend said after the 76 cup final "there will be plenty more of these wembley trips"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.