FIFA 12- Official Thread

Not enjoying it offline at all.

Need to mess with the sliders i think. Computer doesn't seem to apply any pressure until you get about 40 yards out. Seems to be the case no matter who i play against. There's also no movement from your own players unless you press the run trigger. They literally just stand there.

Decent online, but again, players just stand there. It's really static. Any ideas?

Sparkys-Army said:
der bomber28 said:
Can somebody please tell me how to turn tactical defending off, somebody posted earlier that you can change it to legacy or something. I've looked all through the settings and can't find anything, I've tried and tried with the tactical defending and it's just getting a bit frustrating tbh. Any help would be most welcome.

Let's say you go into an exhibition match, press Y or Triangle when switching home or away and you'll get customise controls, scroll to the bottom to switch it to legacy defending.

Pretty much what he said. It's in wireless controls. It's grayed out when your online though. Have found a bit of a cheating way to get virtua pro to a decent standard quickly. In game settings when playing as a pro you can play with some settings that will speed you up and slow comp down. Makes it easier to get world class accomplishments.

So has anybody got some tips for me regarding this tactical defending malarky? I find i do better if i only tackle as a last resort. At the moment, i just jockey and wait for a misplaced pass. Is that the right way to go about it? I'm so shit at this game!

whats the deal with the settings and being able to put all ur speeds up and ur opponents down. feels like cheating so easy to do. dont like it.

citygal1 said:
whats the deal with the settings and being able to put all ur speeds up and ur opponents down. feels like cheating so easy to do. dont like it.
Well the idea is that you deduct the same amount of points from the CPU as you do from yourself.

For example, if you wanted the ball to travel slower, or if you wanted players to accelerate slower, then you would reduce accordingly for both yourself and the CPU.

On the other hand, it's good for manual players. I play manual, on world class difficulty, and everything is fine, except the CPU has a 95% passing success rate over a 30 minute match. This is unrealistic so i lower their passing accuracy by 5 points. This makes the game more realistic as from time to time, the misplace passes, just like i do on manual.

I take back what i said earlier about not enjoying it. Switching to manual, and messing with the sliders has made the game really enjoyable.

glen quagmire said:
quiet_riot said:
I've given in and ordered it.

Is that after just playing the demo? I just don't seem to like it. Although likewise i'll probably end up getting it in a bit!

When you get it, will you let me know what you think? As i'd be interested if someone else reluctant, can be persuaded.

Cheers.

I was a Pro Evo man up to FIFA 08, then made the switch. My biggest bug bear is the fact that it's £40+ each year for what really is an 'update', rather than a new game.
I've had to buy it seeing as all my FIFA 11 online opponents have moved over to 12 already.

AntonDonJuan said:
quiet_riot said:
I've given in and ordered it.
You a PS3 man??
Yes, I used to be on your friends list until it said you hadn't been online for about 6 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.