Fifa Clubs - Superbia In Proelio

Re: FIFA10 clubs (PS3)

markbmcfc said:
What we need are disciplined midfielders. We lose 90% of our games because of this.

This isnt a go at anyone, its an observation, and all my own opinion, feel free to argue with it.

If your playing DM, you should stay there, and on attacking corners or general attacks, you should be hovering between the halfway line and the edge of the D of the opponents box. The amount of times i've seen DM's either getting in the way in the box or running back with me when they other team are on the counter is ridiculous. How many times do you see Nigel de Jong in the opponents box? If your playing CAM then fine, you should be supporting the forwards, but holding midfielders shouldnt. If we had that layer of protection it would account for most of the goals we concede.

A lot of people talk about putting Paul up front, but I like him where he is at the back. It helps Pie out who probably has the hardest job, and his size and strength is really important especially 1v1, he always comes away with it.

We've a very good team, but we could be much better with some tweaking and better discipline. You will notice the best teams that beat us pass the ball superbly and play like professionals, there holding players hold and they never get caught with 4 players offside, two of which are midfielders. It might be easier to say this as a Striker but its not about just scoring goals. I get as much satisfaction with an assist as I do a goal, probably more so as its harder to set up goals than score them. I get the feeling one or two just want goals and ratings. If your playing CAM or on the wings, you should be leading the assist charts. DM's should lead the tackle % and passing % charts and so on.

We all make mistakes, i'll never have a go at anyone for mistakes, i make plenty (hit the post from 2 yards last night).

Our passing needs to be quicker. You just dont get time to take a touch when you play the top teams, you have to be looking where the strikers are running so you can ping balls first time for them, otherwise your either tackled or we're offside. If you ping balls up to us and we havent moved thats our fault, feel free to go bloody mad at us.

We played 9th in the world last night and we were beating them at half time, all fell apart in the 2nd half. I want to be in the top ten and we have the ability to be there.

I know I keep ranting, i feel like Bellamy, but I just want the best for the team and want the best out of each player. Its not a lack of ability in any player, its the mentality.

I think with more discipline it makes the job of Pie/Jay much easier as any, and will stop us leaking silly goals.

Thats just rubbish about the midfield, last night I started of staying back and keeping to my position but the number of chances that were being missed up front just left me so frustrated that I thought whats the point I might aswell go and try and score.

We lose 90% of games because we are only scoring 1 chance in 5 which then puts pressure on the rest of the team, the top teams are so composed in front of goal and play the simple pass we go for glory. As for running up the pitch if I wasn't ignored everytime I did advance a bit then maybe I wouldn't be chasing back like a muppet.

Think you boys should look at your own game before passing the blame around to everybody else, we are missing to many chances compared to the top teams who bang it in everytime they get in the box because unlike our strikers who are in their own personal competition to score more than the other one, they actually PASS to each other!! I can understand some chances are difficult and if you miss them fair enough but last night on several occasions we had three attackers in the box and the simple pass was on for a tap in and the other player was just ignored for the sake of a glory goal, we get away with it against the shite teams but the top teams will punish us.

I know 99% when not frustrated with the forward play I am always helping Pie and Paul out and the back so I think what you have said is complete nonsense, you want to try defending against the strong fast pro's in some of the top teams, Pie and Paul would tell you it is bloody hard.

Also these rants need to be put into perspective when we are playing 6/7 thousand point teams.

erocsevil said:
cityspud said:
Ero can i join your team ? They wont let me back in superbia in proelio because they got all the players they need. my psn is CITY_123 thanks

Add erocsevil now...will invite after this game

Do u need any more??? Im quite good, passing is the key to this game, and im always in the 90% range for passes completed, Ill play anywhere, and even as any whenever needed.... If theres room, any chance i can join???? ps, my ps3 name is jacko8684(same as on here).... COME ON CITY

I can in some ways see both points, I think its unfair to say Paul should stay at the back. The glory positions are upfront and if you miss 10 chances and score a couple you will be perceived to have had a good game. It is silly if only Mark and Ash are automatically upfront, as we should maybe try other pairings if things aren't going well. But I know that both have the best shots and Mark does make some really good runs, but I like Jay on the LW when he plays.

Against the better teams we need the midfielders to have at least 1 or 2 back and not bombing forward, becuase we usually play 3 upfront and 4 should be enough to cause the opposition some problems. Kiam seems to have grown into defensive midfield role well though so hopefully we will get more shape.

Last night we drew against the 4th best team in the World so shows what we can do, I do think everyone has good qualities and I know it is hard in midfield and upfront as I usually play crap when with a single player.

But like Kiam said some teams pros are just unstoppable so will be no chance against them, but in those sort of games it needs perspective that we will make mistakes. But we need to have fun more and not get on each others backs, but aslong as people pass, stick to positions and don't get all selfish then I would never say a bad word.

Goaters said:
I can in some ways see both points, I think its unfair to say Paul should stay at the back. The glory positions are upfront and if you miss 10 chances and score a couple you will be perceived to have had a good game. It is silly if only Mark and Ash are automatically upfront, as we should maybe try other pairings if things aren't going well. But I know that both have the best shots and Mark does make some really good runs, but I like Jay on the LW when he plays.

Against the better teams we need the midfielders to have at least 1 or 2 back and not bombing forward, becuase we usually play 3 upfront and 4 should be enough to cause the opposition some problems. Kiam seems to have grown into defensive midfield role well though so hopefully we will get more shape.

Last night we drew against the 4th best team in the World so shows what we can do, I do think everyone has good qualities and I know it is hard in midfield and upfront as I usually play crap when with a single player.

But like Kiam said some teams pros are just unstoppable so will be no chance against them, but in those sort of games it needs perspective that we will make mistakes. But we need to have fun more and not get on each others backs, but aslong as people pass, stick to positions and don't get all selfish then I would never say a bad word.
Top post pie. As for me i am happy to play wherever i am needed. i like to think im versitile enough to play anywhere lol :)

kiam06 said:
Thats just rubbish about the midfield, last night I started of staying back and keeping to my position but the number of chances that were being missed up front just left me so frustrated that I thought whats the point I might aswell go and try and score.

We lose 90% of games because we are only scoring 1 chance in 5 which then puts pressure on the rest of the team, the top teams are so composed in front of goal and play the simple pass we go for glory. As for running up the pitch if I wasn't ignored everytime I did advance a bit then maybe I wouldn't be chasing back like a muppet.

Think you boys should look at your own game before passing the blame around to everybody else, we are missing to many chances compared to the top teams who bang it in everytime they get in the box because unlike our strikers who are in their own personal competition to score more than the other one, they actually PASS to each other!! I can understand some chances are difficult and if you miss them fair enough but last night on several occasions we had three attackers in the box and the simple pass was on for a tap in and the other player was just ignored for the sake of a glory goal, we get away with it against the shite teams but the top teams will punish us.

I know 99% when not frustrated with the forward play I am always helping Pie and Paul out and the back so I think what you have said is complete nonsense, you want to try defending against the strong fast pro's in some of the top teams, Pie and Paul would tell you it is bloody hard.

Also these rants need to be put into perspective when we are playing 6/7 thousand point teams.

Kiam, stop taking things personally. Your getting as bad as those who flap at your posts.

Firstly, I never put BLAME on anyone. I dont agree with blame, everyone makes mistakes, i fluff easy chances and im the first to admit it. At no point have a tried to put myself as some sort of higher figure everyone should take note from, so stop flapping. When I refer to midfield, I dont say "Kiam". Theres usually 4 in midfield.

I take objection to you blaming the strikers, sounds like your taking things personally and trying to deflect the blame. We have a pretty decent scoring record, and when you draw a game 7-7, one of your strikers gets 4, the other one gets 2 and 2 assists, i think thats a little unfair. To concede 7 goals there must be an issue elsewhere.

I see no competition between me and Ash about scoring more, so I dont know where you've got that from. Ash will take objection to that as well, we both consistantly square our 1 on 1's for the other to finish, it happens every game so open your eyes. I dont care if Ash scores 5 every game as long as I had a hand in them. Ash has scored 170+ goals in 120+ games, ive got about 120 in 85 games, I dont think we are doing too bad.

I get on well with you Kiam but im struggling to find much sense in your post, its completely reactionary to a constructive point ive brought up.

I dont care how many thousands of points other teams have. Should Hughes field a team against Chelsea and say its ok if we lose because they have loads of points? Every team has weaknesses that are there to be exploited, at our best I think we can beat most. That Legendary Skillz team are 3rd I think, we've beaten them before.

My general point was that if people stuck to their positions, and I mean every player, we'd do a lot better. If you are saying everyone does, and that im talking shit, then so be it, im blind.

kiam06 said:
markbmcfc said:
What we need are disciplined midfielders. We lose 90% of our games because of this.

This isnt a go at anyone, its an observation, and all my own opinion, feel free to argue with it.

If your playing DM, you should stay there, and on attacking corners or general attacks, you should be hovering between the halfway line and the edge of the D of the opponents box. The amount of times i've seen DM's either getting in the way in the box or running back with me when they other team are on the counter is ridiculous. How many times do you see Nigel de Jong in the opponents box? If your playing CAM then fine, you should be supporting the forwards, but holding midfielders shouldnt. If we had that layer of protection it would account for most of the goals we concede.

A lot of people talk about putting Paul up front, but I like him where he is at the back. It helps Pie out who probably has the hardest job, and his size and strength is really important especially 1v1, he always comes away with it.

We've a very good team, but we could be much better with some tweaking and better discipline. You will notice the best teams that beat us pass the ball superbly and play like professionals, there holding players hold and they never get caught with 4 players offside, two of which are midfielders. It might be easier to say this as a Striker but its not about just scoring goals. I get as much satisfaction with an assist as I do a goal, probably more so as its harder to set up goals than score them. I get the feeling one or two just want goals and ratings. If your playing CAM or on the wings, you should be leading the assist charts. DM's should lead the tackle % and passing % charts and so on.

We all make mistakes, i'll never have a go at anyone for mistakes, i make plenty (hit the post from 2 yards last night).

Our passing needs to be quicker. You just dont get time to take a touch when you play the top teams, you have to be looking where the strikers are running so you can ping balls first time for them, otherwise your either tackled or we're offside. If you ping balls up to us and we havent moved thats our fault, feel free to go bloody mad at us.

We played 9th in the world last night and we were beating them at half time, all fell apart in the 2nd half. I want to be in the top ten and we have the ability to be there.

I know I keep ranting, i feel like Bellamy, but I just want the best for the team and want the best out of each player. Its not a lack of ability in any player, its the mentality.

I think with more discipline it makes the job of Pie/Jay much easier as any, and will stop us leaking silly goals.

jacko8684 said:
erocsevil said:
Add erocsevil now...will invite after this game

Do u need any more??? Im quite good, passing is the key to this game, and im always in the 90% range for passes completed, Ill play anywhere, and even as any whenever needed.... If theres room, any chance i can join???? ps, my ps3 name is jacko8684(same as on here).... COME ON CITY

Yeh mate, deffo. Crying out for an Any. The team i'm in at the moment is so greedy. I just like to have fun passing and setting up goals, which i'm not getting. I'm going to set up a new club. Anyone on here who want to play but isnt seemed wanted by a team that comes on moaning about each other after every session, feel free to let me know and i'll add you.

markbmcfc said:
kiam06 said:

Kiam, stop taking things personally. Your getting as bad as those who flap at your posts.

Firstly, I never put BLAME on anyone. I dont agree with blame, everyone makes mistakes, i fluff easy chances and im the first to admit it. At no point have a tried to put myself as some sort of higher figure everyone should take note from, so stop flapping. When I refer to midfield, I dont say "Kiam". Theres usually 4 in midfield.

I take objection to you blaming the strikers, sounds like your taking things personally and trying to deflect the blame. We have a pretty decent scoring record, and when you draw a game 7-7, one of your strikers gets 4, the other one gets 2 and 2 assists, i think thats a little unfair. To concede 7 goals there must be an issue elsewhere.

I see no competition between me and Ash about scoring more, so I dont know where you've got that from. Ash will take objection to that as well, we both consistantly square our 1 on 1's for the other to finish, it happens every game so open your eyes. I dont care if Ash scores 5 every game as long as I had a hand in them. Ash has scored 170+ goals in 120+ games, ive got about 120 in 85 games, I dont think we are doing too bad.

I get on well with you Kiam but im struggling to find much sense in your post, its completely reactionary to a constructive point ive brought up.

I dont care how many thousands of points other teams have. Should Hughes field a team against Chelsea and say its ok if we lose because they have loads of points? Every team has weaknesses that are there to be exploited, at our best I think we can beat most. That Legendary Skillz team are 3rd I think, we've beaten them before.

My general point was that if people stuck to their positions, and I mean every player, we'd do a lot better. If you are saying everyone does, and that im talking shit, then so be it, im blind.

You singled out the DM position which I was playing last night so I took it personally, there are many things that annoy me with the head down and sprinting the strikers do instead of looking up and playing an easy pass. I think it puts us on the back foot all the time as the ball is constantly coming back at the defence.

I just think your 'goal records' could be put aside and a bit more team play introduced, that is just my opinion. You and Ash could have even more goals if you brought the other players into your attacks and we attacked as a unit.

For me, Pie, paul and other defensive players we can't pull up statistics as it is alot harder in defence to get a good rating and goalscoring always gets noticed more so I think its a bit unfair on some of the lads to keep bringing stats up as they are completely pointless and don't give a true reflection of the game.

I do agree that we all make mistakes mate and I am not having a personal dig at you either it is just the defence seems to get it in the neck all the time when we should be defending and attacking as a team by holding the ball up and playing it simple.

And Mark if we play some of the top Fifa teams in the world surely you can understand if we struggle a bit some of them are amazing, we can compete though as you said but we can't win every game.

Anyway I will be on later about 10-10-30pm so I will see you then mate.

Goaters said:

A good balanced post Pie.

Positions shouldnt be set in stone but players should play in the position that gets the best out of them. My pro isnt agile enough to play in Midfield, and his attributes are optimised for a striker role. I dont mind playing on either wing if someone else wants to go up top, but my pro is pretty good at holding it up, flick ons etc. If im not good enough as a Striker, tell me and I will leave. Theres no point me playing if im not good enough.

Sometimes we will just be outplayed, nothing wrong with that whatsoever. I would like us to improve so that we are one of those teams as well.

I don't believe anyone is shit, I understand your points that your better suited to striker and I would agree.

We can't moan so much that even ero rips us, so from tonight new dawn. If we lose we lose, but lets do it the right way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.