Fifa to clamp down on City and Chelsea business model

Just sell them to one of the many sister clubs and buy them back again when needed - then play them or sell them on for a handsome profit (-: Simples !

Does this affect our academy in any way?
It will, but potentially it may also have a detrimental effect on the national team in the future as the likelihood is that fewer talented young English players will get the benefits of developing at the top academies. Even though I'm not that fussed about the NT it seems a wrong-headed approach to encouraging young talent.

We just sell the players with buy back clauses if they're good enough. Already happening.

More importantly, give them a good education they wouldn't get otherwise.

Yes the people who make these decisions are utter moron's but we have known that for years. Who is it harming? Kids are getting experience and an education at top clubs that can set them up for life. They get the chance to play and show their worth by being loaned to a club that benefits from their talent. They either comes back stronger or get a job elsewhere. Hey let's dash that opportunity for hundreds of kids though eh in some warped attempt to hurt the progress of these upstart club's.

This is a bullshit rule. Clubs like real Madrid and Barca have their b teams we don't have that luxury. I understand players and Chelsea vget stuck in the loan system, but I feel to make the jump from acaddma to first team is a giant chasm and for most players loans help to bridge that gap.

Presumably this will include a ban on teams loaning players to their own B team? No? Of course not. The only reason why we have to use the loan system in this country is because of a lack of B teams. Hopefully the FA and Premier League tell FIFA to go fuck themselves, but I doubt it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.