FIFA/UEFA Investigations

i never understood and i am still in the dark,
FBI has NO jurisdiction out side the US soil. how are they investigating FIFA affairs. isn't FIFA based in Switzerland?
please... what am I missing here?

FBI has NO jurisdiction out side the US soil. how are they investigating FIFA affairs. isn't FIFA based in Switzerland?
The US has their opening to get involved due to the Dollar being used as the 'bent' money

They do have jurisdiction because some element of the crimes were committed in the US or involved the US either through bank accounts, wire transactions or whatever. They got the CONCACAF lot because their offices are in Miami and some of the 'dodgy' companies involved were also based in the US or money moved through the US, that is all it takes. After that you just need an extradition treaty to get them to stand trial.

FIFA may be in Switzerland but the corruption itself probably moved through the US or through US bank accounts or similar and that is what was picked up in their own investigations. The Swiss authorities themselves have also been the ones driving investigations, they are the ones who arrested everyone in Zurich and searched FIFA headquarters. Platini and Blatter's involvement is being investigated by the Swiss and not the FBI.

Once the US$ or any US banks or bank accounts are used the FBI have jurisdiction over the case as long as they can get the accused parties onto US soil, either by extradition or rendition.

UEFA Arent that stupid. I bet all their dodgy deals are paid in Euros outside the FBI's Jusrisdiction.

UEFA Arent that stupid. I bet all their dodgy deals are paid in Euros outside the FBI's Jusrisdiction.

Doubt it, they'd want any transactions out of the reach of the EU as well. Swiss Francs are possible but very hard to use outside of Switzerland for anything major.

Doubt it, they'd want any transactions out of the reach of the EU as well. Swiss Francs are possible but very hard to use outside of Switzerland for anything major.
Good point.

Swiss Francs are a very good choice for "Missing" money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.