Filip Stevanovic

I'm with you on this one.
We have the smallest panel in the champions league (21) because we have not one player in the team over 21yrs brought up through the club.
Our 3 main premier league opponents have the likes of Mount, Rashford, TAA, Reece James, Hudson Odoi now established.

I had got excited a few years ago when we bought Enes Unal, Douglas Luiz and Marlos Moreno, among others. None of them had work permits at the time and have all gone separate ways having kicked no ball for the club. I realise they may not have been up to standard but Unal is a Turkish international now and Luiz is playing regularly for Villa along with playing for the Brazilian team.
I won't even go down the Patrick Roberts route.

I recall watching Rashford score 2 for United on his debut against Arsenal in a Wembley pub prior to a Carabao cup final. He took his chance and hasn't looked back since.
Pep is a stubborn man but surely somebody in the club sees the need to bring through young players.
If they get a chance and aren't up to it so
be it.

Or if they get a chance, aren't up to it & Puyol is their agent, keep playing them for 2 years ahead of the others.

Everyone bemoans these signings, but they are the reason we pass FFP. We have been making £10m profit consistently... these deals where we bring them in cheap and sell them on after getting European exposure are literally what keeps us in profit.
We had to do that due to our low Nike deal which was £12m. Puma deal gave the club £54m increase yearly. We no longer need to do this.

But clubs are greedy and City are no different. this strategy will now give even more cash.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.