Film extras ... anyone done any work ?

My neice and her partner was walking through town a bit back when a woman stopped them to tell them she'd been watching them and would they like to be in an advert?
Three days in London, all ex's paid and 2k cash.
They are now on tell;y so much i have to turn it off every time i see 'em. Advert is for money matters bollox.

Not really an extra as such. My aunt had a place in Kefallonia around 2000/2002. They were shooting a film there and wanted some period furniture for one of the sets. My aunt had a very nice Welsh dresser type of thing which the film company wanted to hire. Unfortunately the dresser was returned a few days later as its acting ability was outshining the star of the film. My aunt was upset as she lost a bit of extra income.

I can't find the Bluemoon Jobs thread. Has it gone?

Anyway, here's something that might appeal to a few.

15841edd83fd08ccf10a304d37165a18.jpg

Nowhere near as glamorous as being on eggheads but eldest daughrer was an extra in Coronation Street when they did that Blackpool trip for Haley Cropper when she was dying. She’s also been on a few other things, opening credits to something like Britons Got Talent (or one of them ones)…her first “gig” was when she was on the billboards for Vitamin Water (as miss orange) which was a bit surreal driving past a bus stop and seeing her on posters.

All came about because she bunked off a college trip to Victoria and Albert museum and went down brick lane in London instead and was stopped in the street and asked if she would mind if they took her photo as they were recruiting one person for each of the vitamin water flavours so she said sure and they obviously liked her as she went for a chat a few weeks later with them and was hired. They became her agent and she got other work via that. Didn’t pay huge amounts, think she got £500 for the vitamin water photo shoot and another £500 for an interview piece they did with her for a magazine advert type thing. She never took it as a serious thing and being desperate to get work, more saw it as a bit of a way to help fund her student life style a fair bit and have some memories.. think pay was around £200ish a gig so no one is retiring on that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.