Final or semi

I was also lucky enough to be right in the middle of the lower tier for both games. Whilst the semi was amazing, it would have meant nothing if we hadn't won the final of course.
Semi for pure atmosphere and sticking it up them bastards. And seeing the new Wembley for the first time..
Final for pure occassion, emotion, and feeling a real part of history in the making.
Also have to say - the Stoke fans whole attitude for the final also contributed to the day . Such a far cry from those big hard scum gits..
Roll on August...

I was much more nervous before the semi final and was delirious when we beat the scum. Winning a trophy is amazing but the semi was more than just winning, it was about revenge. Also, it really felt as if we had turned the corner at that point. Beating United in a semi final at Wembley didn't seem real! Also, like someone else said it was the first time we had been at the new Wembley!

As one-off matches the semi final is above the final for me. The difference is that the final meant more as we actually won the trophy on that day!

Strange concept where a game where the only "prize" is the satisfaction of beating our rag neighbours could be considered more significant than actually winning a major domestic trophy. Without victory in the final, the semi would be nothing more than another bitter irrelevance.

Winning them both however, was magical!

My emotions after the semi were more hatred filled as we beat those twats and at Wembley, plus for me it changed everything in that I knew we could now compete at the highest level.

But the Final realised a dream and all my emotions poured out after all those years without a trophy and even more so not really expecting to win one!

So it's the Final for me, just.

First time on here. Semi I expected to lose and was not nervous. Final expected to win and was very worried. Both were great victories for very different reasons but winning that trophy after 35 years was marginally better than winning the semi.

BL2blue said:
My emotions after the semi were more hatred filled as we beat those twats and at Wembley, plus for me [/b] it changed everything in that I knew we could now compete at the highest level.[/b]
But the Final realised a dream and all my emotions poured out after all those years without a trophy and even more so not really expecting to win one!

So it's the Final for me, just.

Agree 100% with this. Especially, after our pre-match experience at Dollis Hill tube station and getting bottled and spat at walking down Wembley Way. Not the way I wanted my 13 year old son to remember his first Wembley. Partly due to this the semi nearly edged it, but as BL2 says above winning the trophy itself "realised a dream" and wiped away a helleva lot of hurt as well.
In summary, both unforgettable days that whatever happens next will truly last a lifetime in the memory for both of us.

The final was tons better for me because after the semi I instantly started saying to myself, during the celebrations, "This is great, but we haven't won anything yet," and then started feeling nervous until the day City went back at Wembley for the final. I just kept imagining the embarrassment and pain that I would feel if we lost to Joke on the day, so yeah, the final was way better for me =D

The semi was amazing, the first trip to the new Wemberlee, a derby, one step closer, rivalry/anger, when Yaya scored I went estatic more than any other goal I can remember and never knew it could have been topped.

When the final came along at first it was no where near but then when it started sinking in that I'm going down the M1 for a final at Wemberlee for a final, then when Yaya scored n that final whistle went I cried like a little girl and the final was 100x better than the semi-final. Even though it's only sinking in now that we've done a cup.

For me, because I went to the semi but couldn't get tickets for the final. The semi was a better day, more emotional and a better feeling when we won. I couldn't say which would be better had I have gone to the final but up to now the Semi was the best day of my life so far.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.