Finally A Proper David Silva Song (merged)

Finally A Proper David Silva Song

How about

David Silva, oh david silva
he scored the fifth goal at old trafford
David Silva, oh david silva
he is the maestro of eastlands
6-1!

Re: Finally A Proper David Silva Song

was around this area last nite when it was being sung...and it sounded brill and everyone loved it. hope it catches on.

The song is already rooted fellas . Tough shit to all you armchair songsmiths . The whole away end were singing it by the game.

The "6-1" bit isn't part of it, that was just a lad at that bar. And the real song Starts "his name is silva, oh David silva". These things take on a life of their own though.

By late last night we were working on a longer one, going through all the gialscorers that day, but that was just a bit of fun.

The blue alliance were there at the song's birth but their amateur songwriting was exposed by us old heads ;-)

Messi, Oh Leonard Messi,
He scored the twentieth goal at Old Trafford,
Messi, oh Lenny Messi,
He is the montego of Hyde Road.

So that's ok?

I just don't think saying he's a maestro of somewhere he hasn't played rings true - especially when it doesn't significantly alter the song saying Maestro of Man City, or Maestro of the city. Had it rhymed with the second line fair enough but it doesn't.

Just my opinion and I thought we were allowed to express that as long as it doesn't breach the CoC. Surely our very own Lennon and McCartney don't expect us to only post positive comments on their work?

Each to their own. It's not for me but I'm sure there will be plenty who'll join in and enjoy it and I'm genuinely pleased for them as it isn't an offensive song and it won't affect my enjoyment of a game. Ones that really do bug me are the anti-united songs when we aren't playing them - why people are thinking of them when we're playing Everton or QPR I don't know.

So well done for trying to improve our catalogue of songs and particularly for not adapting the 'We'll do what we want' tune.

If you can do one to this I'd be most impressed. ;-)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY[/youtube]

Didsbury Dave said:
The song is already rooted fellas . Tough shit to all you armchair songsmiths . The whole away end were singing it by the game.

The "6-1" bit isn't part of it, that was just a lad at that bar. And the real song Starts "his name is silva, oh David silva". These things take on a life of their own though.

By late last night we were working on a longer one, going through all the gialscorers that day, but that was just a bit of fun.

The blue alliance were there at the song's birth but their amateur songwriting was exposed by us old heads ;-)

"Liam, we are the old guard, but I am giving you this song to take forward"

On Tuesday night it felt like we sang this on repeat for about an hour.

Re: Silva song thread (take 48!)

How does that zaba song go on 1.15?

daveduke67 said:
Messi, Oh Leonard Messi,
He scored the twentieth goal at Old Trafford,
Messi, oh Lenny Messi,
He is the montego of Hyde Road.

So that's ok?

I just don't think saying he's a maestro of somewhere he hasn't played rings true - especially when it doesn't significantly alter the song saying Maestro of Man City, or Maestro of the city. Had it rhymed with the second line fair enough but it doesn't.

Just my opinion and I thought we were allowed to express that as long as it doesn't breach the CoC. Surely our very own Lennon and McCartney don't expect us to only post positive comments on their work?

Each to their own. It's not for me but I'm sure there will be plenty who'll join in and enjoy it and I'm genuinely pleased for them as it isn't an offensive song and it won't affect my enjoyment of a game. Ones that really do bug me are the anti-united songs when we aren't playing them - why people are thinking of them when we're playing Everton or QPR I don't know.

So well done for trying to improve our catalogue of songs and particularly for not adapting the 'We'll do what we want' tune.

If you can do one to this I'd be most impressed. ;-)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY[/youtube]
Hahaha

Noone cares what you think because the majority of blues who got off there arses and went to Spain loved it and were singing it for several days .

The lads involved in the songs birth are mainly twitter lads, hardcore home and away blues who've been going for decades. They've asked me in there to tell the full story. A group of Didsbury blues have there own pet song which has been mentioned already- "oh super Bradbury, super lee Bradbury, fantastic, cracking super magic, oh super Bradbury , super lee Bradbury. He is the maestro of Maine road". They wre singing this at the square in valencia on Tuesday. My best mate said "we really need a silva song" so we started with "his name is silva, oh David silva" and people joined in. Then our mates from
Didsbury went into a little huddle and came up with the "he scored the fifth goal at old trafford" line. Nathan it was I think.

So then we spent all night singing it and the whole square caught on. In the morning there was some consternation amongst our group about the last line, and we even discussed "he's the best player in the world".

But it was too late, we had created a monster.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.