Financial Fair Play/Financial Report (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Financial Fair Play will not affect us.

Marvin said:
jrb said:
If City beat Wigan in the final and win the FA Cup the prize money payments will total £2.947.500. Factor in match day revenue from the previous rounds and City could make between £4-£5 million(guessing) from this seasons FA Cup. Which is a financial bonus considering the money the club lost due to the poor CL campaign.

The Prize Fund listed round-by-round for season 2012-13

The FA Cup with Budweiser
Season 2012-13
Payments made from The FA's Prize Fund

Extra Preliminary Round winners (200) £1,000
Preliminary Round winners (166) £1,750
First Round Qualifying winners (116) £3,000
Second Round Qualifying winners (80) £4,500
Third Round Qualifying winners (40) £7,500
Fourth Round Qualifying winners (32) £12,500
First Round Proper winners (40) £18,000
Second Round Proper winners (20) £27,000
Third Round Proper winners (32) £67,500
Fourth Round Proper winners (16) £90,000
Fifth Round Proper winners (8) £180,000
Sixth Round Proper winners (4) £360,000

Semi-Final winners (2) £900,000
Semi-Final runners-up (2) £450,000
Final runners-up (1) £900,000
Final winners (1) £1,800,000
And TV monies for live games?

The intangibles from raising our profile around the world will be much greater, and enable the club to win deals at better rates, and may also trigger performance clauses if they exist.

I. Forgot about that. Clear £5 million then.

Blue Heaven said:
NipHolmes said:
jrb said:
If City beat Wigan in the final and win the FA Cup the prize money payments will total £2.947.500. Factor in match day revenue from the previous rounds and City could make between £4-£5 million(guessing) from this seasons FA Cup. Which is a financial bonus considering the money the club lost due to the poor CL campaign.

The Prize Fund listed round-by-round for season 2012-13

The FA Cup with Budweiser
Season 2012-13
Payments made from The FA's Prize Fund

Extra Preliminary Round winners (200) £1,000
Preliminary Round winners (166) £1,750
First Round Qualifying winners (116) £3,000
Second Round Qualifying winners (80) £4,500
Third Round Qualifying winners (40) £7,500
Fourth Round Qualifying winners (32) £12,500
First Round Proper winners (40) £18,000
Second Round Proper winners (20) £27,000
Third Round Proper winners (32) £67,500
Fourth Round Proper winners (16) £90,000
Fifth Round Proper winners (8) £180,000
Sixth Round Proper winners (4) £360,000

Semi-Final winners (2) £900,000
Semi-Final runners-up (2) £450,000
Final runners-up (1) £900,000
Final winners (1) £1,800,000

I can't believe that's all you get for winning a trophy yet top 4 place is £30mill or so.

If it were me I'd make the FA Cup a Champions League place and I'd add those prize pools to the CL windfall money. In short winning the FA Cup gets you £32mill. Winning the FA Cup makes you a champion, yet the cup gets you into the UEFA Cup rather than Champions League, kind of ironic that.

Shows clearly why CL is not only of paramount importance, but why the Old Boys Club is so hideously difficult to break into. Interesting proposal re the final CL qualifying spot.

Win the FA Cup and be a champion. Being champion should enter you into the 'Champions League' as you're a champion rather than an a high placed also ran.

Top 3 and FA Cup winner should get into CL imo. Also if a Top 3 team wins FA Cup the runner up of FA Cup should play against the 4th in league in a CL place playoff.

It'd bring some more importance into the FA Cup as the prize is bigger.

LoveCity said:
Could anyone with access to The Times paste this if possible?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/columnists/kay/article3736402.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2013_04_10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/col ... 2013_04_10</a>

Edit: Oh here it is, fook you too Scudamore. Sounds like some clubs are having second thoughts and Scudamore, desperate to appease the rags, is trying a power play?

Prjou3P.jpg

Who does he think he is telling clubs how to vote ? Isn't it against the rules to try and influence votes with veiled threats Or am I being naive ? What a whopper he sounds

bobmcfc said:
LoveCity said:
Could anyone with access to The Times paste this if possible?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/columnists/kay/article3736402.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2013_04_10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/col ... 2013_04_10</a>

Edit: Oh here it is, fook you too Scudamore. Sounds like some clubs are having second thoughts and Scudamore, desperate to appease the rags, is trying a power play?

Prjou3P.jpg

Who does he think he is telling clubs how to vote ? Isn't it against the rules to try and influence votes with veiled threats Or am I being naive ? What a whopper he sounds

Maybe this will be the beginning of the end for Scudamore. Hope he winds up on the same scrap heap with Platini and Gill.

NipHolmes said:
Blue Heaven said:
NipHolmes said:
I can't believe that's all you get for winning a trophy yet top 4 place is £30mill or so.

If it were me I'd make the FA Cup a Champions League place and I'd add those prize pools to the CL windfall money. In short winning the FA Cup gets you £32mill. Winning the FA Cup makes you a champion, yet the cup gets you into the UEFA Cup rather than Champions League, kind of ironic that.

Shows clearly why CL is not only of paramount importance, but why the Old Boys Club is so hideously difficult to break into. Interesting proposal re the final CL qualifying spot.

Win the FA Cup and be a champion. Being champion should enter you into the 'Champions League' as you're a champion rather than an a high placed also ran.

Top 3 and FA Cup winner should get into CL imo. Also if a Top 3 team wins FA Cup the runner up of FA Cup should play against the 4th in league in a CL place playoff.

It'd bring some more importance into the FA Cup as the prize is bigger.

That won't work as we only get the fourth Chumps league spot not as right but because of the performance of previous English teams in Europe. I now want Chelseki to win the Europa league as indirectly that helps us in future years.

And the prize goes to big Sam for being the first one to use the excuse. Maybe other fans will start to realise now, what this is all, about. WHU of most clubs should be able to afford this now.

The West Ham boss suggested that the Financial Fair Play rules that are set to come into play in the Premier League next season - which will impose short-term limits on wage rises - means a deal between the two parties looks unlikely.

"The hardest thing is the overall package and making sure it is sustainable," he said. "I point to financial restrictions being implemented next season that will blow the whole deal in one go.

"Someone will have a bigger budget than us probably but this is what is going to happen. In one fell swoop the financial restrictions mean we won't be able to sign Andy Carroll from Liverpool because it is too expensive, even if we wanted him, which we do."

ESPN

Yep club chairman will be happy and they have a legit excuse not to spend money also the clubs with money will be buying players a lot cheaper

GerryGowsRusholmeBoy said:
And the prize goes to big Sam for being the first one to use the excuse. Maybe other fans will start to realise now, what this is all, about. WHU of most clubs should be able to afford this now.

The West Ham boss suggested that the Financial Fair Play rules that are set to come into play in the Premier League next season - which will impose short-term limits on wage rises - means a deal between the two parties looks unlikely.

"The hardest thing is the overall package and making sure it is sustainable," he said. "I point to financial restrictions being implemented next season that will blow the whole deal in one go.

"Someone will have a bigger budget than us probably but this is what is going to happen. In one fell swoop the financial restrictions mean we won't be able to sign Andy Carroll from Liverpool because it is too expensive, even if we wanted him, which we do."

ESPN

It's finally starting to hit home what FFP means.

Another way of looking at things is that City have stayed ahead of the restrictions having moved the likes of Ade', SWP, Nedum etc on way ahead of the buying clubs' inability to pay becoming obvious.

Levy may have thought he caught us with our pants down when he drove a hard bargain taking Ade' from us but right now but we will have the last laugh on that one methinks.

Can I just remind you all what Peter Scudamore said back then.

Prjou3P.jpg
[/quote]

Richard Scudamore backs Manchester City's right to spend money on transfers

The head of the Premier League has defended Manchester City's right to spend lavish sums on players but warned of the dangers of hyperinflation.

"Of course we don't want any club to spend more than they need to spend, or we will have hyperinflation," said Richard Scudamore, before the final of the Barclays Asia Trophy in Beijing.

"We have been here before, haven't we? Chelsea came in and spent money. Manchester City has every right – the club's owner has every right – to do what other clubs have done unto other clubs since professional football began."

Scudamore added that hyperinflation would be "foolish". He went on: "But if they want to acquire top talent, why should Manchester City be the one club singled out for not being allowed to do what professional football clubs have done for 110 years?"

European football's governing body, Uefa, has suggested it may introduce new regulations over the next two to three years for the Champions' League which ensure that players' salaries and transfer fees are in proportion to a club's income.

Michel Platini, the head of Uefa, severely criticised the transfer spree that saw Real Madrid spend close to £170 million on Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka and Karim Benzema and suggested that inflation was a threat to European football. "Making these lavish signings will fuel a rise in inflation, which will impact negatively on all the clubs across Europe," he said.
Related Articles

However, Scudamore said it was unlikely that the Uefa rules could be applied fairly across the continent. "We are absolutely in favour of clubs living within their means, but we think principally it is impossible to come up with a fair system. State subsidies and tax rates differ and some have to pay for their stadiums while others get theirs provided," he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.