Financial Fair Play/Financial Report (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Financial Fair Play will not affect us.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Just got back from a week's hols in Tenerife, where barren wanted to talk about"el City" and a man with an enormous parrot on his shoulder told me he was from Malaga, that Pellegrini is a great coach, Would bring Isco and make City the best team in the world! City were in the US investing in New York City FCC, Germans were lecturing us on how everyone should do things their way and Platini was showing that he still works at 16rpm while the Sheikh is at the forefront of the computer age. I thought back to 2007... We'd just sacked a manager, Stuart Pearce, and we would not have been worried about FFPR had they existed because we'd never have qualified for the CL...Now we've sacked a manager but are rebuilding half of Manchester, setting up NYCFC as part of City in the community, talking about similar ventures in Shanghai and South America while world class players are signing contract extensions and/or queuing up to join! Is this our City? You bet! And we're not concerned about FFPR because part of the City project is that everyone wins. Decent housing and amenities, and jobs in a part of town which was a contaminated post industrial wasteland, Queens going the same way, sponsors queuing to spread the good news while Platini and his pygmies sit there trying to ram their fingers into the chasm in the wall of privilege as the Sheikh says quietly, but insistently, "Football our way really is part of the good life - for everyone." Platini and the cartel haven't got a chance!
I could re-read this all day long, brilliant post sir.

I am not as optimistic as to the FFP process as some on here. Yes it will be declared unlawful in the end but don't think the old G14 will not try to enforce it - they will - so don't be to surprised if UEFA find against us. I think they will AND ban us from European competition - they will bend the related party rules into something that cannot possibly be lawful. It will then get very, very messy though there can only be one end result - UEFA will lose in the European courts and will be bankrupted in the process.
Further, if UEFA cannot deliver what the old G14 clubs want then I think there is a high chance of them delivering it themselves by breaking away and forming there own league. That is actually what I think their end game is - they want ALL the pie for themselves.
The only way this can be countered is for Quatar and Abu Dhabhi to step in and sponsor a mega money league for the rest. I hope they are willing to go this far. If they are the main protagonists in the old G14 will lose. If not then the old G14 clubs will win.

BlueAnorak said:
I am not as optimistic as to the FFP process as some on here. Yes it will be declared unlawful in the end but don't think the old G14 will not try to enforce it - they will - so don't be to surprised if UEFA find against us. I think they will AND ban us from European competition - they will bend the related party rules into something that cannot possibly be lawful. It will then get very, very messy though there can only be one end result - UEFA will lose in the European courts and will be bankrupted in the process.
Further, if UEFA cannot deliver what the old G14 clubs want then I think there is a high chance of them delivering it themselves by breaking away and forming there own league. That is actually what I think their end game is - they want ALL the pie for themselves.
The only way this can be countered is for Quatar and Abu Dhabhi to step in and sponsor a mega money league for the rest. I hope they are willing to go this far. If they are the main protagonists in the old G14 will lose. If not then the old G14 clubs will win.
The notion that the likes of Ajax, PSV, Bayer Laverkusen, Marseille and Liverpool will be able to form an elite breakaway league at the expense of City and Chelsea is ridiculous.

The G-14 is, in reality the G-8 in terms of "Super Clubs": united; Dortmund, Bayern, Barca, Real, Juve, AC and Inter. They aren't going to breakaway on their own. Far too risky an undertaking.

An UAE Kerry Packer type experiment to rival CL might put the fear of god in Twattini. :-)

BlueAnorak said:

Any attempt to penalise a club for not complying with a regulation which the courts had already declared unlawful would lead to sanctions for contempt, and damages. If UEFA refused to remove the penalties, their assets would be frozen, making it impossible to carry out any of their activities in any area under the jurisdiction go the ECJ - no CL and no Europa league for starters, trouble with the TV companies who had paid for coverage and trouble with the sponsors. If Platini loses in court (as he will) that's the end of FFP.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
BlueAnorak said:

Any attempt to penalise a club for not complying with a regulation which the courts had already declared unlawful would lead to sanctions for contempt, and damages. If UEFA refused to remove the penalties, their assets would be frozen, making it impossible to carry out any of their activities in any area under the jurisdiction go the ECJ - no CL and no Europa league for starters, trouble with the TV companies who had paid for coverage and trouble with the sponsors. If Platini loses in court (as he will) that's the end of FFP.

The intervening period that has FFP under scrutiny but prior to any judgement may well entail the biggest gamble that UEFA has and will ever take.

Do you get the feeling that the club are bothered about FFP?

Me neither!

The fact is the club will comply with the rules as they stand now so all talk of bans etc is just scaremongering. If at some point the rules are relaxed or scrapped then that would be a bonus. I'm looking forward to a summer of big news. Roll on August.

I have absolutely no doubt City will comply with FFPR and more.

As for the Etihad Sponsordhip deal. You only have to compare it with and look at United's propsed £150mill-£160mill Carrington Training Ground deal. Exactly.

Seeing Gill sat behind Platini at the CL final worried me though. If he get's a seat on UEFA's board, which seems likely, you can bet he will us his influence to..........(fill in as appropriate)<br /><br />-- Mon May 27, 2013 9:26 am --<br /><br />I have absolutely no doubt City will comply with FFPR and more.

As for the Etihad Sponsordhip deal. You only have to compare it with and look at United's propsed £150mill-£160mill Carrington Training Ground deal. Exactly.

Seeing Gill sat behind Platini at the CL final worried me though. If he get's a seat on UEFA's board, which seems likely, you can bet he will us his influence to..........(fill in as appropriate)

I have read and re-read Samuel's interview with Platini and still marvel at Platini's replies. It reminded me of Rumenigge's diatribe against City and PSG a while ago, when he described us as "Platini's friends in Manchester and Paris" and accused Platini of going cold on FFPR. I got the impression from Samuel's interview that Platini was NOT defending them, that he knows they're a load of nonsense and that the courts will never tolerate them. He was embarrassed more than anything else.

can someone please explain how AS Monaco with a stadium capacity of only 18500 can spunk the amount of money they are spending this summer and how so called FFP book will not be thrown at them !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.