Financial Fair Play/Financial Report (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Financial Fair Play will not affect us.

Andouble said:
Smithy34 said:
can someone please explain how AS Monaco with a stadium capacity of only 18500 can spunk the amount of money they are spending this summer and how so called FFP book will not be thrown at them !!
They aren't in European competition.

But given another 12 months, what then?

Don't their prospective signings have an interest in playing on the European stage?

Winning the French League. Big deal. Big fish moving to a goldfish bowl

We will easily make the FFFP goals cos we won't sign anyone.

[But given another 12 months, what then?
/quote]

Then they spend even more to build a super squad capable of taking on the giants of Europe. They submit their accounts they are told excluded from Europe, they appeal, they win their appeal FFPR goes down the pan and they carry on spending, winning things, building a bigger fanbase and stadium to accomodate them and following the example of the rags and Bayern who years ago did the same thing but are now to arrogant to admit it.

Rammyblues said:
[But given another 12 months, what then?
/quote]

Then they spend even more to build a super squad capable of taking on the giants of Europe. They submit their accounts they are told excluded from Europe, they appeal, they win their appeal FFPR goes down the pan and they carry on spending, winning things, building a bigger fanbase and stadium to accomodate them and following the example of the rags and Bayern who years ago did the same thing but are now to arrogant to admit it.
Wigan have a bigger fanbase

nmc said:
Smithy34 said:
can someone please explain how AS Monaco with a stadium capacity of only 18500 can spunk the amount of money they are spending this summer and how so called FFP book will not be thrown at them !!

Their lawyers have clearly told them not to worry about FFP - by the time they hit the CL it will be irrelevant.

As things stand Monaco residents pay no income tax. Since most agents negotiate wages based on take home pay, this gives Monaco a huge advantage over other French clubs and indeed over others. A team in the UK (45% tax rate) would have to shell out over £90,000 a week for a £50,000 take home. A team in France (assuming their proposed 75% tax rate comes in) would have to pay out £200,000.

The French clubs are trying to force Monaco to relocate their head office to France and pay the same taxes. This is under appeal at the moment. There is a lot going on with Monaco apart from FFP.

Rammyblues said:

I think there are limits that geography and demographics will place on any footballing project.

I cannot see Monaco getting large, passionate crowds anytime soon. Add in the relative status of the French League ccompared to England, Germany and Spain and you have a situation which will not appeal to a lot of top players.

It's a similar scenario to Blackburn and points to why they had difficulties sustaining their success despite Jack Walker leaving them a generous legacy and why comparisons between City and Rovers are only uttered by those who completely fail to grasp the ambitions and potential of this football club.

JGL07 said:
As things stand Monaco residents pay no income tax. Since most agents negotiate wages based on take home pay, this gives Monaco a huge advantage over other French clubs and indeed over others. A team in the UK (45% tax rate) would have to shell out over £90,000 a week for a £50,000 take home. A team in France (assuming their proposed 75% tax rate comes in) would have to pay out £200,000.

The French clubs are trying to force Monaco to relocate their head office to France and pay the same taxes. This is under appeal at the moment. There is a lot going on with Monaco apart from FFP.
This arrangement, as you describe it, sounds very much akin to financial doping to me.

I wonder what Arsene Wenger made of it for the seven years he was manager of Monaco.

Did I read that the English Premier League is voting ( has voted ) to bring in its own version of FFP ?
If so how will this effect us ?
Can somebody advise me please .
I am confused - not difficult -.

Ladybarn Blue . said:
Did I read that the English Premier League is voting ( has voted ) to bring in its own version of FFP ?
If so how will this effect us ?
Can somebody advise me please .
I am confused - not difficult -.

Yes they have but apparently it's easier to meet than UEFA version so won't be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.