Financial Fair Play/Financial Report (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Financial Fair Play will not affect us.

squirtyflower said:
Bottomless_Sailor said:
http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2013-11-21/six-teams-facing-uefa-financial-fair-play-investigations/
I see they have gone for the 'big guns' of Europe

"Lip service" and "scapegoats" certainly springs to mind.

Does anybody know if we've submitted our financial statement to UEFA for the first monitoring period yet? We certainly haven't released last season's statement publicly yet, although it's due soon.

Skashion said:
Does anybody know if we've submitted our financial statement to UEFA for the first monitoring period yet? We certainly haven't released last season's statement publicly yet, although it's due soon.
I'm a bit confused as we should have submitted 2011/12 audited accounts plus non-audited financial statements for the last financial year. We've certainly submitted the former but I'm not sure about the latter.

fbloke said:
I'm no cynic said:
fbloke said:
Any '3rd party' who provide a financial incentive to a player in any form would have influence over that player.

3rd party ownership is not allowed in the PL.

But would it actually be 3rd party ownership? Yes, if that 3rd party has any say in the player's contract as to when and where that player should play, but if that player is being asked to perform outside commercial ventures to boost his earnings, surely it would be a No?

I'm sure there would be less of a 3rd party interference with an arrangement like this than the interference of agents who have no interest in anything other than their own pockets, and we've had to suffer these 'legal' 3rd parties on a good few occasions over the years.
We can get our sporting sponsors like Nike to co-fund deals, but we have to pay all of our own transfer fees, so it would be restricted to help with the wage bills. If that's used to sign a superstar we wouldn't be able to sign otherwise then that's fine by me, but if it becomes a regular occurrence it could lead to us losing power over the players at the club due to outside influence.

aguero93:20 said:
fbloke said:
I'm no cynic said:
But would it actually be 3rd party ownership? Yes, if that 3rd party has any say in the player's contract as to when and where that player should play, but if that player is being asked to perform outside commercial ventures to boost his earnings, surely it would be a No?

I'm sure there would be less of a 3rd party interference with an arrangement like this than the interference of agents who have no interest in anything other than their own pockets, and we've had to suffer these 'legal' 3rd parties on a good few occasions over the years.
We can get our sporting sponsors like Nike to co-fund deals, but we have to pay all of our own transfer fees, so it would be restricted to help with the wage bills. If that's used to sign a superstar we wouldn't be able to sign otherwise then that's fine by me, but if it becomes a regular occurrence it could lead to us losing power over the players at the club due to outside influence.

The point you make over transfer fees will be correct, these being proof of a player's ownership. As for the players source of income, that will be a personal matter between him, the club, and his agent. I feel there is nothing, in theory, to arrange a salary package whereby a player is paid peanuts by a club, but that same player goes on to use his high profile to accumulate his wealth through commercial activities. Plenty of footballers have commercial deals on the side, and until recently, I'm sure Joe Hart's profile would have earned him quite a tidy sum.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Skashion said:
I'm a bit confused as we should have submitted 2011/12 audited accounts plus non-audited financial statements for the last financial year. We've certainly submitted the former but I'm not sure about the latter.

It would seem strange if the club hadn't submitted the 12/13 statements to UEFA and had some discussions with them about FFP exemptions. The club will surely be expected to make some sort of statement, when the accounts are published, as to whether we've complied with FFP, or if we've missed, to say by how much.

Do the club's auditors provide a statement on how much of the spend relates to infrastructure/youth development etc, or do UEFA review that separately?

cibaman said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Skashion said:

It would seem strange if the club hadn't submitted the 12/13 statements to UEFA and had some discussions with them about FFP exemptions. The club will surely be expected to make some sort of statement, when the accounts are published, as to whether we've complied with FFP, or if we've missed, to say by how much.

Do the club's auditors provide a statement on how much of the spend relates to infrastructure/youth development etc, or do UEFA review that separately?
I'm sure we must have provided a statement of some sort for 2012/13 but what I meant to say was that the deadline mentioned in the media only seemed to relate to 2011/12 accounts and didn't mention anything else. But they couldn't do it otherwise.

As far as I understand the process, we have to separate out the amounts we're claiming exemption for. I don't think the auditors will do that but I'd imagine we'd need to justify those figures. But we actually submit the returns to the national licencing body rather than to UEFA directly. I'm not sure what happens then, whether the national body highlights any exceptions to UEFA, who then look at them, or they investigate any anomalies nationally and only pass to UEFA if there's a problem after that.

I'll try to find out.

Prestwich_Blue said:
cibaman said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

I'm sure we must have provided a statement of some sort for 2012/13 but what I meant to say was that the deadline mentioned in the media only seemed to relate to 2011/12 accounts and didn't mention anything else. But they couldn't do it otherwise.

As far as I understand the process, we have to separate out the amounts we're claiming exemption for. I don't think the auditors will do that but I'd imagine we'd need to justify those figures. But we actually submit the returns to the national licencing body rather than to UEFA directly. I'm not sure what happens then, whether the national body highlights any exceptions to UEFA, who then look at them, or they investigate any anomalies nationally and only pass to UEFA if there's a problem after that.

I'll try to find out.

Thanks.

Presumably the only potential area of disagreement should be the youth development & infrastructure spending costs for 12/13? All the other issues such as pre 2010 contracts and the Etihad sponsorship should already have been resolved one way or the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.