Financial Fair Play/Financial Report (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Financial Fair Play will not affect us.

dips66 said:
jrb said:
As a marker I keep on going back to our Summer transfer spending, which was in the region of £90 million.

Surely if the club had any concerns whatsoever about meeting UEFA's FFPR requirements, it wouldn't have spent that kind of money on players, rather it would have diverted some of those funds towards meetings UEFA's FFPR?

I appreciate all that money won't have been paid upfront, but a large percentage of it would have been. Not to mentions Agent's fees, etc.

You are forgetting the magic word...... Amortization

This is the way the accountants spread the cost of a player over the length of his contract.

So if those players we bought in the summer had (on average) 4 year contracts, then actually it would only be about £22.5M per season, and nothing to do with what was actually handed over up front.......

I appreciate that, but that £20+million is the difference between £30mill and £50mill, as regards meeting UEFA's FFPR requirements. Regardless of the finer details which will eventually come out, the club's Summer transfer dealing seem to suggest that there won't be a problem meeting UEFA's FFPR requirements. (just guessing)

willipp said:
Any ideas when our accounts will be released? Usually they are released by now aren't they?

This afternoon is favourite, going by last year<br /><br />-- Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:42 am --<br /><br />
jrb said:
dips66 said:
jrb said:
As a marker I keep on going back to our Summer transfer spending, which was in the region of £90 million.

Surely if the club had any concerns whatsoever about meeting UEFA's FFPR requirements, it wouldn't have spent that kind of money on players, rather it would have diverted some of those funds towards meetings UEFA's FFPR?

I appreciate all that money won't have been paid upfront, but a large percentage of it would have been. Not to mentions Agent's fees, etc.

This is the way the accountants spread the cost of a player over the length of his contract.

So if those players we bought in the summer had (on average) 4 year contracts, then actually it would only be about £22.5M per season, and nothing to do with what was actually handed over up front.......

I appreciate that, but that £20+million is the difference between £30mill and £50mill, as regards meeting UEFA's FFPR requirements. Regardless of the finer details which will eventually come out, the club's Summer transfer dealing seem to suggest that there won't be a problem meeting UEFA's FFPR requirements. (just guessing)

This summer's player sales come in the next financial year, with a massive hike in TV revenues and also our commercial revenues due to the activities of Tom Glick etc.

Plus we've got a bit further in the CL and we knocked 40M off the wage bill.

2011 revenues: 153m losses:193m
2012 revenues: 231m losses: 97m

2013?

Well my expectation is not as optimistc, we will find out anyway in next few days, we had a worse income from not winning the league or finishing so bad in CL with 3 points, some new sponsors coming into play only from this summer what is in next years income probably.
But we didnt spend so much on players last summer, and also sold Balotelli.

So I expect something like 2013 revenues: 250-260m (10-15% growth from last year), losses between 60-70m.

Maybe I am totally wrong and the Soraino team did lot much better, some friends told that we could even reach or be close to 300m revenues I dont think that.

From 153 to 230 was a huge jump, a really big one, 50% growth, I think this time it will be much smaller.

We will see, it should be out before Christmas.

john@staustell said:
willipp said:
Any ideas when our accounts will be released? Usually they are released by now aren't they?

This afternoon is favourite, going by last year

-- Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:42 am --

jrb said:
dips66 said:

This summer's player sales come in the next financial year, with a massive hike in TV revenues and also our commercial revenues due to the activities of Tom Glick etc.

Plus we've got a bit further in the CL and we knocked 40M off the wage bill.
Friday the 13th? surely not, I'm going for the 27th.

My previous guestimates had the club in profit by end of next year but I suspect that we might get pretty close i this set of accounts.

I would say perhaps a loss of around £30m and a profit under FFP next year.

Financial Fair Play will not affect us.

Looking at the tea leaves in the bottom of my cup... ah yes... the mists are clearing... I can see some Middle Eastern and European gentlemen enjoying a toast to a very successful year... They seem to celebrating being very profitable.. They are laughing and joyful, yet wait, what can this be? I see a man, a Frenchman. He is Napoleon and he has passed out... He is choking, on a snail, covered in foie gras... He has been given some news that has upset him greatly... In between splutters I hear "zoot alors!" and "sacre bleu"... There are Germans also, a Kaiser, a tax dodger and a spoilt, arrogant bastard... They have their heads bowed and they are weeping... They weep at thought of an unstoppable tide that threatens to sweep them away... Oh well, the mists are returning... I can say no more... I am merely a conduit for the spirits... I must rest now... Would you like some clothes pegs? I have some lucky heather too... No? Ok then, you need your drive tarmacking? I have some left over from another job I was doing...........

Merry Christmas Napoleon you jumped up, interfering, clueless, cheese eating surrender monkey.

strongbowholic said:
Looking at the tea leaves in the bottom of my cup... ah yes... the mists are clearing... I can see some Middle Eastern and European gentlemen enjoying a toast to a very successful year... They seem to celebrating being very profitable.. They are laughing and joyful, yet wait, what can this be? I see a man, a Frenchman. He is Napoleon and he has passed out... He is choking, on a snail, covered in foie gras... He has been given some news that has upset him greatly... In between splutters I hear "zoot alors!" and "sacre bleu"... There are Germans also, a Kaiser, a tax dodger and a spoilt, arrogant bastard... They have their heads bowed and they are weeping... They weep at thought of an unstoppable tide that threatens to sweep them away... Oh well, the mists are returning... I can say no more... I am merely a conduit for the spirits... I must rest now... Would you like some clothes pegs? I have some lucky heather too... No? Ok then, you need your drive tarmacking? I have some left over from another job I was doing...........

Merry Christmas Napoleon you jumped up, interfering, clueless, cheese eating surrender monkey.

Funny - I think I'll have some of that "2 arrows liquid"...........PMSL

Sacre bleu is french for eee by gum, just so everyone is up to speed on previous post. :-)

Rammyblues said:
Sacre bleu is french for eee by gum, just so everyone is up to speed on previous post. :-)

Pomme de terre, mon ami, pomme de terre !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.