Finsbury Park mosque attack

My old gaffer many many years ago warned me there would be a civil war in this country,it seems his thoughts are getting closer by the week,2 wrongs don't make a right,but a can of worms is well and truly opened now
Race riots, if events continue to shift people's views - sure but zero chance of civil war happening in this country again unless stemming from within the military - hardly anyone has access to weapons and they'd quickly be wiped out by state forces.

This was always ever increasingly likely as ISIS and wannabe ISIS attack the west. Unfortunately there are enough members of society unwilling to think things through. EDL and the like have always been a bit of a joke but with the increase in attacks from Islam identifying people I worry this country will see the rise of some proper right wing groups like that of in the US.

In this case: if it's politically motivated it's terrorism, if it's not it could be an emotional revenge attack which would be simple murder. Apparently he said he wants to kill all muslims though so I think that falls under politically motivated. I know why the media will call it a right wing attack, but I think that's missing the mark - right wing suggests nationalism/racial dominance in the extreme, this is a case where the individual is revenge attacking a particular demographic, within which is a group that is attacking his people/country. If he equally wanted all immigrations of different ethnicities deported you could call him right wing. Obviously it'd do nobody any favours for the media to point this out but in assessing it, this is the case I feel - acting upon one of the most basic of human instincts.
I would agree with this, if indeed it's not been planned other than hiring a van. However, we don't yet
know who or why as yet, no doubt we soon will.

Race riots, if events continue to shift people's views - sure but zero chance of civil war happening in this country again unless stemming from within the military - hardly anyone has access to weapons and they'd quickly be wiped out by state forces.

Terminology my friend,who needs military weapons when there are knives and vans available at the drop of a hat,it will kick off here in the near future,I honestly think it will do now as well

Police on the scene IMMEDIATELY according to the top cop who gave the press statement. They were in the area already.

The next group turned up 10mins later. Quite frankly it's worrying that ppl on the ground there are spreading lies saying they didn't show for 45mins to an hour
And herein lies the problem with live up to the second scrolling news. Media outlets such as Sky and the BBC are becoming increasingly desperate to be first to bring us eye witness reports from the scene and end up putting people in front of the cameras who are either in shock or have some kind of agenda or bias. This guy spouting the 45 minutes to 1 hour nonsense seems to be pushing this to further stir up tension and stoke up the us and them argument.

Reporters should do their fact checking first and bring their interviewees to task if the cross the line.

This might not go down to well but everyone of us goes to a local boozer, mine in particular is becoming more hostile to the Muslim community since Manchester, London, etc I won't repeat words used but you all can imagine. Its a normal working class pub but the anger and hatred I feel in some off the conversations is unpleasant, I know some people on here just post what pleases everyone but just wondered if anyone else had noticed this in there local pubs

This was always ever increasingly likely as ISIS and wannabe ISIS attack the west. Unfortunately there are enough members of society unwilling to think things through. EDL and the like have always been a bit of a joke but with the increase in attacks from Islam identifying people I worry this country will see the rise of some proper right wing groups like that of in the US.

In this case: if it's politically motivated it's terrorism, if it's not it could be an emotional revenge attack which would be simple murder. Apparently he said he wants to kill all muslims though so I think that falls under politically motivated. I know why the media will call it a right wing attack, but I think that's missing the mark - right wing suggests nationalism/racial dominance in the extreme, this is a case where the individual is revenge attacking a particular demographic, within which is a group that is attacking his people/country. If he equally wanted all immigrations of different ethnicities deported you could call him right wing. Obviously it'd do nobody any favours for the media to point this out but in assessing it, this is the case I feel - acting upon one of the most basic of human instincts.

Excellent post.

It seems like a calculated attack. It would surprise me if it's a coincidence that this particular mosque was targeted.

And herein lies the problem with live up to the second scrolling news. Media outlets such as Sky and the BBC are becoming increasingly desperate to be first to bring us eye witness reports from the scene and end up putting people in front of the cameras who are either in shock or have some kind of agenda or bias. This guy spouting the 45 minutes to 1 hour nonsense seems to be pushing this to further stir up tension and stoke up the us and them argument.

Reporters should do their fact checking first and bring their interviewees to task if the cross the line.

I don't think it's that simple. The the reporter will get the interview, whilst someone else finds other details, which may come some time afterwards, and they can't edit the interview easily (Censorship, the mob cry!).

This morning, when I saw it, the BBC showed the interview and then quoted the police timing immediately once the interview recording was ended (assuming it was a recording and not live). There is no way the interviewer could have known about the police timing, and interrupting to challenge may have made things worse.

Utter ****, along with anyone who tries to defend him. Round up all these far right nutters, round up all the nutters on the jihadi watch list, lock them in a room and just let them fill their boots, then never let them out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.