Firework?

There have been decades when the support for Newcastle and City has ebbed and flowed, but the loyalty and passion we have for our clubs has never really been in doubt.

It's not worth poring over the statistics. I've been following City for over 35 years, and throughout that time, City and Newcastle have always been two of the best supported clubs in the country. I remember looking on with envy when Newcastle had Waddle, Beardsley and Gazza in their team, and they'd take 10k away regularly. Newcastle with keegan as player then manager was a really vibrant club. But don't begrudge City our time now. We have been through decades of relegation and lower division football, and this is our reward now.

I walked away from City last night elated again, and didn't really give the firework and argy bargy a second thought so don't get it out of perspective now. A handful of kids are nothing in the bigger picture

BringBackSwales said:
stevie1892 said:
scowy68 said:
Different stats on the web I'm afraid,everything from 16,000 to 21,000.You average gate this season is just over 47 000,that would be about 4-5 thousand short of capacity,so where are these legendary loyal Geordie supporters,staying away in protest of Mike Ashley?
Yes 47,000, it'll be 50,000 by the end of the season, and yes many are staying away because of Ashley that's an absolute fact, added to the fact that category A games are cheapest ticket £42 in an area where unemployment is the worst it's been since the early 80's you arsehole. 47,000 is still 10,000 more than you were getting under Pearce though yeah?

-- Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:04 pm --

Big Fish said:
Oh is Stevie a barcode? In that case I retract my statement and just ask one question

Where were you when you were shit?
I'd ask you the same question. We're shit now by the way, have been for about 8 years.

Stevie the most interesting thing for me is that you are showing clear signs of obsession with Manchester City. I could never spend one minute in another team's forum but you are becoming a regular in here, get a grip man
I'm not obsessed, I'm just correcting poorly educated twats, which thankfully are in the minority. I've got nothing against Man City, I'd rather you win things than Liverpool. Anyway take it easy.

With record unemployment in the North east as you state,i would suggest it is you that are the poorly educated young man.

scowy68 said:
So lets get this right,you are a top 3 side,and before yesterday unbeaten,so you stay away because of Ashley,pmsl,i dropped that one in because i knew it would be your reply,and that's a poor response Steve.

Blaming unemployment doesn't excuse the lack of sell out crowds either,premiership attendances are at an all time high,and most of the country,well at least the North is in the same boat with cash.Your just clutching at straws now.
If you can't afford to spend £42 to go to a game because of your economic situation, how can you go? Fucking ask the provvy man to get you a ticket. You really are dim. 47,000 in this climate, is a fucking amazing average attendance even though it's our lowest for 11 years in the top flight. 47,000 people going to watch a team who haven't won a domestic trophy in 90% our fanbases lifetime, and you abuse it, do you realise how fucking stupid you look. Everton are currently getting 31,000 and it's the same with them, they're in an area where unemployment is rife. No one says anything to them though.<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:17 pm --<br /><br />
Marvin said:
There have been decades when the support for Newcastle and City has ebbed and flowed, but the loyalty and passion we have for our clubs has never really been in doubt.

It's not worth poring over the statistics. I've been following City for over 35 years, and throughout that time, City and Newcastle have always been two of the best supported clubs in the country. I remember looking on with envy when Newcastle had Waddle, Beardsley and Gazza in their team, and they'd take 10k away regularly. Newcastle with keegan as player then manager was a really vibrant club. But don't begrudge City our time now. We have been through decades of relegation and lower division football, and this is our reward now.

I walked away from City last night elated again, and didn't really give the firework and argy bargy a second thought so don't get it out of perspective now. A handful of kids are nothing in the bigger picture
Good post.

Marvin said:

The big difference is we don't go to other grounds and sing about attendances at the other set of fans like the Geordies do. They go everywhere and sing about empty seats and cheer attendance tannoy announcements and then sing songs like "we get more than you!". Then when we dare take it up with them they come on our boards and give us shit, just for defending our attendances that they themselves have mocked unfoundedly!

scowy68 said:
With record unemployment in the North east as you state,i would suggest it is you that are the poorly educated young man.
I'd be embarrassed to support the same club as this ****. In his 40's too.

Why on Earth would you want to spend an entire Sunday Morning on another clubs web site arguing the toss,when you have a fantastic,and loyal fan base with whom you could be discussing all things geordie?And he calls me dim!

stevie1892 said:
scowy68 said:
I'd be embarrassed to support the same club as this ****. In his 40's too.

I'd be embarrassed to support the same club as CUNTS who throw fireworks near children and then applaud when it goes off in someone's hand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.