Firework?

The firework guy has now been dealt with.

He was let off.

Seriously, doesn't this kind of episode give credence to the idea or having the away supporters up in the gods?

danburge82 said:
The North East of England has a population of 2.5 million. There are two big football clubs, one medium and three smaller clubs. 2.5m / 6 = 416k potential fans per club and Newcastle are the biggest club and that region.

Hello Gents,

I think the point is, a point made on this board by Man City fans, there aren't two big football clubs in the North East.

Sunderland have achieved a top 10 finish 3 times in the last 50 years. Neither Sunderland nor Newcastle have won much since 1955: 1 FA Cup and 1 cup not worth winning.

It's with this in mind that makes the following of both clubs impressive.

And, yet, for the benefit of the Everton poster, there's a club out there who were European Cup Winners not so long back, league, cups etc, and you can't average more than us. Must tell a story surely.

You are correct by the way in that Newcastle have historically had a bigger following than us at home, but away from home there is a history of Sunderland taking more than 10,000 to places stretching back to the 1960s.

I'd agree that all this attendance nonsense is just that, let's just say that both North East clubs have a good following that would match most in this country. I think that's fair.

In terms of the firework, gotta say, don't agree with most of you. Some idiot throws a firework. I can guarantee you that after following SAFC home and away for years that every club has a set of dicks attached to them. I could certainly tell you about some times when it has been very dodgy at Man City over the years. Not condoning it, but this hardly makes them the mongol hordes.

Anyway, gents, good luck for the season.

P.S. I was once sat in your home end, not too long ago, and a few cottoned on and cornered me down stairs at half time. Right or wrong? I was just watching the match? Idiots everywhere, lads.

scowy68 said:
stevie1892 said:
scowy68 said:
With record unemployment in the North east as you state,i would suggest it is you that are the poorly educated young man.
I'd be embarrassed to support the same club as this ****. In his 40's too.

I'd be embarrassed to support the same club as CUNTS who throw fireworks near children and then applaud when it goes off in someone's hand.
This^^

Anyone asked the Geordie dipstick if things are so tough up north, how can they afford to throw coins away and waste money on fireworks?
We really should have given them the "This is what it's like to be Geordies" version yesterday.
They had crowds comparable with Chelsea in the dark times of the 80's of 10 and 12k, the gobshites.

Can't believe some of the posts on here....!
I have always had respect for the Geordie fans, passionate and loyal like ourselves and the likes of the Hammers.
I remember pictures years ago of hordes of Geordies at a FA Cup tie in an uncovered stand somewhere, steam was rising from them in the cold and rain but they still gave it their all.
Ok, one clown throws a firework which is right out of order and he needs sorting, just like the idiots who threw things, including some of our idiots, did we really need to have a go?
We are very much alike as fans, like a drink, travel and attend in numbers whatever the situation, we stick together and throw our weight around at times, so why all the grief on here?
One last thing to the Geordies harping on about crowd averages and the we get more than you statements...
How do you get more than 52000 in a stadium that holds 35000 (Maine Road) and 47700 (The Etihad).....??????!!!
End of argument I would say, that is until of course we expand capacity....

Sunderland said:
danburge 82 said:
The North East of England has a population of 2.5 million. There are two big football clubs, one medium and three smaller clubs. 2.5m / 6 = 416k potential fans per club and Newcastle are the biggest club and that region.

Hello Gents,

I think the point is, a point made on this board by Man City fans, there aren't two big football clubs in the North East.

Sunderland have achieved a top 10 finish 3 times in the last 50 years. Neither Sunderland nor Newcastle have won much since 1955: 1 FA Cup and 1 cup not worth winning.

And, yet, for the benefit of the Everton poster, there's a club out there who were European Cup Winners not so long back, league, cups etc, and you can't average more than us. Must tell a story surely.

You are correct by the way in that Newcastle have historically had a bigger following than us at home, but away from home there is a history of Sunderland taking more than 10,000 to places stretching back to the 1960s.

I'd agree that all this attendance nonsense is just that, let's just say that both North East clubs have a good following that would match most in this country. I think that's fair.

In terms of the firework, gotta say, don't agree with most of you. Some idiot throws a firework. I can guarantee you that after following SAFC home and away for years that every club has a set of dicks attached to them. I could certainly tell you about some times when it has been very dodgy at Man City over the years. Not condoning it, but this hardly makes them the mongol hordes.

P.S. I was once sat in your home end, not too long ago, and a few cottoned on and cornered me down stairs at half time. Right or wrong? I was just watching the match? Idiots everywhere, lads.

your last sentence appalls me.

de niro said:
Sunderland said:
danburge 82 said:

Hello Gents,

your last sentence appalls me.
maybe he'd been smoking.

Sunderland said:

In the home end against Sunderland or for another match? How did our fans "cotton on" to you being a Mackem, too? There are several North East accents amongst the group I have a pint with before the match and they're Blues. If you were genuinely at City just to watch a match then you would normally be made welcome. Sit in the wrong end and you've only got yourself to blame.

mcfc1894 said:
rickmcfc said:
This will have been on stadium CCTV. What a wanker. Why would you do that?

I hope so. Their fans were a disgrace today

it wont mate my pal got his season ticket suspended just before cup final cos a lad behind us threw a flair on the pitch ! and the reason why it carried on was no cctv coverage only scans about apparently !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.