First ever Manchester Derby final

There’s a variety of feelings going through my head at the moment. City can do this but we need to remember how we felt prior to the 2011 FAC semi. We got our heads in the right place, did the Poznan and all of that to win the support battle, which gave us an edge on a day when clearly they had what on paper was probably a better squad (It’s debatable I know but we need to remember how we felt as supposed underdogs).

We need that spirit throughout.

I talk about the Poznan and how we felt in my special 1hour audio on 2011 and the years that led up to that. I listened to it earlier to remind myself how we felt and maybe it’d be worth, if you’ve got the time, to listen and remember. We need our minds in the right place. This helped me, it might help someone else. If not that’s fine. Cheers

Last edited:
Anyone looking forward to this must be some kind of sado masochist its literally 90 minutes of absolute hell playing these cunts at the best of times.

Are you saying you don’t even enjoy it when we hammer them?!

In the last ten years, since 2013, we've beaten them thirteen times. Drawn three. And quite surprised to see, given the gulf in class season after season between the two, that they have beaten us eight times. They have given us no “hammerings”, of course, unless you count the 4-2 in the final Pellegrini season. We have dealt out several (and my time line excludes the sick swan).
This team is absolutely in the groove, and we've got that good a squad that we're able to rest players. Looking forward to it. Bring it on.
As for their supporters, I recognise that that's a different problem. I wonder if there'll be that many cockney reds this time round. Didn't most of the trouble actually come from them?

I guess this is why people join the cup scheme .. will season ticket holders struggle if not on the cup scheme?
I would think all season ticket holders that want one will get one and a few non holders as well. Many will swerve due to cost and potential trouble.
I could be wrong though.

Buzzing for this. The number of times over the years we've been laughed at and mocked by the rags, this is our chance to bury them. There could be so much at stake, but it's 11 v 11 on the pitch and our 11 is miles better. Add to that our fans are so much better than theirs. But we have to win the battle off the pitch and make it a proper atmosphere for our players. The atmosphere for both cup semis this weekend were shite. Sheffield United knew they were beaten, we expected to win and had thousands of day trippers there. The Brighton fans were nervous and the rags were shite as usual. Poznan during the team announcement again, boo them every time they touch the ball and give them hell. Bring it on!

Reactions over on ragcafé quite amusing. They run the full gamut from “We'll batter this lot” to “Hope we can restrict them to 4-0”!
Some of them pinning their faith on the fact that they beat us in January, without examining for one second how that actually came about. Others say they'll raise their game if only to stop us winning the “treble” (conveniently forgetting that we've got one of those). There may be some truth to that, actually.
We are a far better team. Let's bend them over publicly and do them, and without lube, please.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.