First game disappointments

The Ipswich league cup quarter was gutting. Without checking I think we would have played Birmingham in the semi and a crap Liverpool in the final. Liverpool won on pens. I had my Christmas party that night, pulled went back and that couldn't even stop me thinking about the game. Remember getting up early and making excuses to go to the shop to find the result. Remember wandering around a random London suburb searching for a newspaper shop confident we were in a semi. Only been 19 years. Then the DISPAIR... we're doomed always to be sh*te....

My first game we lost to Wimbledon. My second game we lost to Huddersfield. My third game we drew with tranmere. The last game I went to we beat west ham to win our second title in three seasons. Happy days.

Carlisle at home in about '83?, sat in platt lane david phillips scored a screamer but we lost 3-1,the begining of "typical city"!!!

City 2 - 2 Luton in 1959.
City scored twice in the last five minutes to draw level at Maine Road (not quite an Aguero moment but close)
Gutted 'cos my Dad (who was totally hacked off) made us leave without seeing City's goals. Gave him hell on the bus afterwards when we heard the score on someone's radio.
Ah, the good old days.

First game I went to was just after we moved to Eastlands. It was so boring I can't remember the game or the opposition but I remember walking back with my Dad who just kept complaining. Set me up rather well for the next 5 years actually

It wasn't my first game but I remember City's first of the season at home at Maine rd. when Oasis came on the pitch and had a walk round the pitch and we had Frank Clarke as manager. The atmosphere, weather and expectation was fantastic before the game but as soon as the footy started it all went downhill very fast. I think it ended in a dire 0-0. Typical City!

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
It wasn't my first game but I remember City's first of the season at home at Maine rd. when Oasis came on the pitch and had a walk round the pitch and we had Frank Clarke as manager. The atmosphere, weather and expectation was fantastic before the game but as soon as the footy started it all went downhill very fast. I think it ended in a dire 0-0. Typical City!

It may well have been Portsmouth. Didn't Liam Gallagher square up to the away fans?

citykev28 said:
nobody can eat fifty eggs said:

It may well have been Portsmouth. Didn't Liam Gallagher square up to the away fans?
Yeah I think you're right mate, Pompey fans complained about Liam starting on them ha ha.

1998 blue said:
Charlton 0 0 in Pearces last season. Was so bloody boring and cold
Yeah, didn't see a home goal in six matches from January onwards how times have changed, if we dont score now within twenty minutes I start to get restless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.