First Game, Traveling Down From Edinburgh (Football Tourist alert)

Obviously the guys doing it every week will know better than me but whenever I go to Edinburgh, I prefer bobbing over to Leeds on the train and catching one from there.

They seem a lot more reliable and comfy than the direct ones from Piccadilly. Which seems to get very crowded. When they turn up at all.

Does seem to be a bit more expensive doing it that way. But for me it’s worth the extra.

Obviously the guys doing it every week will know better than me but whenever I go to Edinburgh, I prefer bobbing over to Leeds on the train and catching one from there.

They seem a lot more reliable and comfy than the direct ones from Piccadilly. Which seems to get very crowded. When they turn up at all.

Does seem to be a bit more expensive doing it that way. But for me it’s worth the extra.

York is probably even better as LNER more frequent and slightly more reliable.
However and this will jinx it TPE have improved dramatically.
And OP is driving anyway I think

I assume you are referring to the Ibis Budget at New Islington. It’s not bad if rather basic but there isn’t anywhere to eat near there.

I have stayed there several times but I am not sure if there is any parking available. I would suggest either staying in the City Centre and get the tram out to the match but that leaves you with a problem for overnight parking.

Alternatively you could stay at the Travel Lodge at Ashton Moss. You can leave your car in the car park at the hotel and get the tram to the match. If you get a day ticket on the team you could then go to the centre to eat and then back to the hotel.
Thanks mate, appreciate that.

I assume you are referring to the Ibis Budget at New Islington. It’s not bad if rather basic but there isn’t anywhere to eat near there.

I have stayed there several times but I am not sure if there is any parking available. I would suggest either staying in the City Centre and get the tram out to the match but that leaves you with a problem for overnight parking.

Alternatively you could stay at the Travel Lodge at Ashton Moss. You can leave your car in the car park at the hotel and get the tram to the match. If you get a day ticket on the team you could then go to the centre to eat and then back to the hotel.
Thanks mate, appreciate that.

As others have said, it’s far from certain that the game will be played on Boxing Day.
There are two programmes of PL fixtures over Christmas, currently Thursday 26th and Sunday 29th. There are however no games scheduled for New Year’s Day (the next fixtures are on Saturday 4th) which means the games currently pencilled in for the 29th could end up being played over a few days up to and including the 1st. That then opens up the possibility of some Boxing Day games being played on the evening of Friday 27th or even on Saturday 28th.
Don’t book stuff that commits you to paying anything until dates/times are confirmed!
Thanks mate. I'm actually over from New Zealand with my family visiting my folks etc for Christmas, so I'm relatively free over that week, but we leave on Saturday 4th. Whatever hotel I book I'll make sure it can be cancelled or changed.

Any idea when the dates will be properly locked in? I'm guessing more like November, right?

...but there isn’t anywhere to eat near there.'
New Islington Marina has plenty of eateries as does Oldham Street and the Northern Quarter which are a short walk from the hotel.

Great pub next to the Travel Lodge with good food,no need to piss about in City centre.Plus tram stop outside to the stadium door to door.
Are you talking about the one Birch St mate? Looks like I can park at that one, right?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.