First Game

The only time I've seen City is when they came to Melbourne for the ICC cup against Real Madrid.
I really hope to go to Manchester in March or April next year to see them play for points for the first and probably only time. Bucket list thing. Just turned 50 years old and never been overseas (Well except Fiji on a honeymoon) but if all goes good it'll happen.
And I'll die a happy man.

What was the first game you ever attended, mine was Man Utd v Middlesbrough 1978 my Dad was a red , had 3 son's all City , tried but failed to indoctrinate us in that poison to no avail

Should say first paid in game , as we lived on Broadfield road Moss Side and I'd regularly get into City games at three quarter time with my elder brother and countless other kids from the are

City 5 Notts County 1 (League Cup) in October 1980.

Tueart got 4, and I remember him asking someone in the crowd how long was left whilst running down the wing

P*ssed down and was freezing, especially for us with a 53 bus ride back to Cheetham Hill/Broughton in our short pants!! - I was 12, my little brother was 9

My dad, a lifelong Blue who's sadly no longer with us and missed the post-2008 revolution, took me along to see City play Villa in the 2nd last game of 1958-59. City were in serious danger of relegation but despite that and a 0-0 draw I was hooked. I hadn't missed a season since until I gave up my seasoncard this season due to health and mobility issues but happily I've got a ticket for the Brighton game so, despite only attending one game this season, I'll at least make an appearance in my 60th consecutive season as a Blue.
Wow!! Well done mate!!

City 5 Notts County 1 (League Cup) in October 1980.

Tueart got 4, and I remember him asking someone in the crowd how long was left whilst running down the wing
I used to live in cheetham hill for a while went to Temple school late 70s

P*ssed down and was freezing, especially for us with a 53 bus ride back to Cheetham Hill/Broughton in our short pants!! - I was 12, my little brother was 9

First game of the 1971-72 season against Leeds. Apparently we got beat 0-1. I don't remember the game at all, but do remember the excitement on the Friday night when I was told I was going and not being able to sleep because of it. I was nearly 5 at the time. Looking back, I always thought that was a bit old for a first game and my lads were going well before that age.

1967 v Liverpool I was 6 years old drew 0 0 and they missed a pen, 65,000 packed into Main rd, I was mesmerized !!

Honestly - No idea. Started going with my Dad from about the age of 4 onwards so that 1959ish. Used to watch the 1st team and the Reserves and the Youth Cup matches. Can clearly remember being hammered by Utd twice in a week (So thats the 1st Team and the Youth Cup in 1963) Clearly remember being relegated that year and thought it was the end of the world. First of many such City occasions!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.