First game....

Mine was 18th May 1966. Last game of the 65/66 season v Southampton. Watching Johnny Crossan holding up the 2nd division championship trophy. Southampton were also promoted that season. Couldn't wait for the next season to start after that. First home game the next season was against Liverpool, who we beat 2-1. If I remember correctly, a blue and a dipper fan clashed in the centre circle at some point. And I remember the dipper fans setting fire to the City flag, that was flying over the scoreboard at the end of the game.

First game at maine road, probably 1973/4 ish. Fucked if i can remember who we played but i know we lost.
In my defence i was only 7.
Thank you grandad.

my 1st game was Everton away. Probably 1993. I was 5

My Dad bought me one of those turtle lucky bags. Not sure if late 80s early 90s kids on here remember them...

So much fun I didn't even watch the match just played with the toys inside the lucky bag.

Attachments

• 8b3QNg0vrZ-ZXnacP6cgEcOU6qP06He2tu3Nchirznc.jpg
    8b3QNg0vrZ-ZXnacP6cgEcOU6qP06He2tu3Nchirznc.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 5
My first home game was the 5-1 Charlton promotion game.
Dad drove me, mum and a couple of mates up from Devon in an old Ford Transit with a bus seat screwed to the floor in the back.
I was sick with nerves, the run in had been so stressful, and how many people were there that day?
Nerves were quickly settled and City romped to victory.
Leaving Maine Road, mum had a bad stomach and had a shit in a carry bag in the back of the van to top a memorable day.
Had to plead with my nan to let me watch the highlights on Motd/equivalent. Grandad buried that day.

first game for me Colin bells testimonial, mother took me to cheer on the mancs, she went city and United depending on who were at home.
bell my favorite at the time, so only 1 winner. Blue since

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.