First Trip to Etihad!

As has been said on here, pay £35 to get City Match Day Memiership which gets you priority in booking seats at the start of the season. Anywhere in the South Stand is good for atmosphere. If you're on the lower tier you'll be standing all game, so if you want to sit down pick tiers 2 or 3.

If you're in Manchester for a few days the stadium tour is an absolute must. There shouldn't be any problem getting tickets near the time and you'll get to see the changing rooms, press conference area, go down to pitch level etc.

Prior to the Match head to the pub called Mary Ds for a proper pre-game atmosphere.

I hope some of that helps.
Thank you! It all helps. Many have shared similar suggestions which tells me I'm in for an authentic experience. Can't wait. Thanks again

Although fixture lists state a certain date at the moment, fixtures will change for TV, so if your planning on staying for a few days or weeks, should be OK, but if your doing some sightseeing around the UK, something to factor in.
This is something I didn't even think of but has been mentioned more than once here. Sounds like I need to plan to stay for at least a week instead of just a few days.

Mancunian humour.

My recs are head to Cutting Room Square in Ancoats earlyish before or after. Nice clean area if you’re there with the missus. Loads of independent beer houses (7 Brothers, nice pint), blues around, pizza at Rudy’s next door. About a 25 minute walk from there, follow the herds.
I‘d walk back to town after also rather than queue for a tram.

as a tourist there are walking tours. I can’t vouch for them though but should give you an insight that most of us locals probably miss.

Friday, Saturday nightlife, food, take your pick. Enjoy!
Thank you!

This is something I didn't even think of but has been mentioned more than once here. Sounds like I need to plan to stay for at least a week instead of just a few days.
be careful of dodgy ticket touts selling match day tickets.....don't be scammed

You can book the tours online on the City website. But as others have said, the TV companies can change the match days. I would advise a Thursday to Monday stay as the game could be switched to a Sunday.
You could also look into a hospitality deal. Very expensive but if you don't make a habit of it every visit, the experience is great. My son and I did the Legends Lounge at the Newcastle match in March. Excellent service and food and drinks waiting for us at half time and full time. Plus some old City players roaming around talking to people. Brilliant experience overall. Either way, enjoy your trip. You won't regret it. Especially as Manchester is a damn great city.
This is great stuff. I will take it all into account. Thank you!

Contact the club in advance of your trip and tell them you plans. They love the overseas support, it's very en vogue, great publicity and has a lot of reach for the "brand". None of this is meant to sound cynical, just the way the club seem to want to go, and coming from the USA you're definitely part of their target audience. Whatever you do, I hope the experience lives up to the expectation (it will).
I didn't think of this but I will definitely try that! Thank you

I’ve had a season ticket since we moved to the ground in 2003. If I was you I’d do a pub crawl, us blues love a drink on match day.

The Northern Quater - a lot of blues go to the pubs there on match days before and after, although it’ll be busier before the game. The good City pubs are, Mothers Mac which is a small pub in the back streets, the Crown and Anchor is good for atmosphere, the Crown and Kettle has lots of different beers, and Pie and Ale which is the best for different types of beer and great for sport if there’s anything on beforehand. All walking distance from Picadilly station, but you’ll have to Google map it.

There’s lot of pubs close to the ground obviously. Mary Ds is the famous one, but it gets very busy. I’ve not been there for years, I prefer the corner shop pub, as it’s a bit quieter, although still loads of blues and there’s a big space outside.

There’s also City square before the match, but I’ve only ever been there once myself. Might be worth doing the stadium tour the day before the game too as I believe it’s a good experience, you get to see the Academy too so I’ve heard.
Very helpful and some different ideas than all the ones I've been given so far. Thank you!

It really is not the best atmosphere (and genuine atmosphere) is lower level East Stand near the away fans
This is the first time someone has mentioned the East Stand, thanks for sharing! Just in case I'm only limited to a few options I know where to look.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.