Fixtures 2020/21

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You’ve conveniently just ignored the factual points I’ve made that debunk your bizarre theory but okay.

That’s a 1 in 16 chance of happening, not exactly lottery winning chances but that analogy doesn’t fit at all, the coin flip is a 50/50 chance with no other variables stacked on top of it. The fixture lists aren’t compiled with a simple 50/50 home or away first coin flip because there’s structure to it with countless variables that go into the algorithm.

I’ve just seen you also comment on city having a higher proportion of away games early on as if that’s also a negative to back up this conspiracy to shaft us. You do realise having more away games early means more home games later don’t you? Or is it only Liverpool that benefit from potentially having a home crowd?
No it a was as someone else who said that, I added that liverpool home was followed by spurs away

Only seen one post in that regards.

Others are factual.

Scousers get the big home games with a higher percentage of fans being allowed in for them.

Apart from that I can’t see any bias towards us or our rivals opening.
Isn’t that the point though, that is the big advantage that they could have been given, and it’s the one that they got? Of course it could be a coincidence, but it’s what I expected, and would have been a good 15:1 bet. However it warms my heart to know that football isn’t bent

Last edited:
Reactions: mat
Ahh go way. It's a fixture list like most others since time began you play everybody twice and have tough games and easy games and games which you though would be tough but turned out to be easy and the reverse. If we start to defend properly we will be there or there abouts come may. Fans or no fans allowed in.
You really don’t think it’s an advantage to play your harder home games with a crowd there rather than vice versa? If you do I am surprised. I accept the fact that it might be a statistical coincidence how the dippers fixtures came out, I accept the point that we may get a similar % of key decisions in our favour than the dippers do, I accept that uefa refs and var may be fair, I accept that the media might be fair to us. But then again the opposite could also be true.

You might want to check that. We will.
That was the original announcement. Clubs objected and proposed to play their development squads in league cup. I have seen no official announcement of the resolution, just press speculation. Either way, looks like those clubs will,not be playing as normal in that comp.
Any one seen an official statement?

I'd much prefer the bigger games to be in front of a home only crowd and if things pan out that way then Dippers have that advantage. It's marginal though isn't it?
They do have to go to arsenal and Rags in April and May so let's not froth too much.

Just noticed that all the opening day fixtures are down for a 1930 kick off.
Given the damage done to the teams outside the PL, it might now be time for the PL to bin off Saturday 3 o’clock kick offs altogether, so those clubs can possibly get a few punters in, when allowed.
PL could be played over Friday night, Saturday lunchtime and Saturday evening, when there are CL games the following week, with the bulk of the fixtures on a Sunday. There could even be a football league game shown live at 3 every Saturday.

The team just have to step up and beat what’s in front of them despite var, officials, etc.

If it’s not slow, pedestrian, and predictable football, we should smash them. Hopefully, the lads would’ve gotten over the debacles of the season gone by.

That was the original announcement. Clubs objected and proposed to play their development squads in league cup. I have seen no official announcement of the resolution, just press speculation. Either way, looks like those clubs will,not be playing as normal in that comp.
Any one seen an official statement?
"Premier League sides will enter the competition in Round Two or Round Three if they are competing in European competition in season 2020/21."

From the EFL website. Semi finals are only one legged this year.

Round 3 - 22/23 September
Round 4 - 29/30 September
Round 5 - 22/23 December
Semi Final - 5/6 January
Final - 28th February

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.