Fixtures 2020/21

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough start and no surprise we have a promted team away early on whilst they still have the bounce of promotion.

Normally when the fixtures come out I am buzzing to see when we play certain teams, Xmas and New Year games, last couple etc but not this time. I really couldn't give two shits about it all which bothers me greatly. I know TV will fuck up the actual times and dates more so than ever before, I know we will get shafted with a lack of recovery time between games and I know that the corruption that exists within the game will continue. Normally receive plenty of texts about new fixtures but this time not one and this thread is only 12 pages long whereas last season it was double so maybe I am not alone.

Most of the managers in the Premier League now know what tactics Pep is going to use. So unless he can come up with some totally different ones, this could be a long hard season for us. Pep's sort of tactics just don't work anymore. The patient build up allowing the opponents time to get their defence in order, has been now proved to be out of date.

What is needed to get us back to the top is, strikers and midfielders who can both bully and be quick with their thinking and fast both to and with the ball. So that they are able to create openings to score goals. I am sorry to say that Pep's idea of slow patient build up just isn't working anymore.

So can we win the Premier League back from Livarpool, yes we can, but at the moment with the squad w egot it doesn't look like it. We need another CB + another CF. The two that we have are good enough, but the problem we have they are both under 5'9". So we have the problem off when crosses are floated or fired into the air in the box the problem is that both Jesus and Sergio are not tall enough.

If we’re still in the cups and the Champions League knockouts then February could royally fuck us over.

2/2 - Burnley (A)
6/2 - Liverpool (A)
10/2 - FA Cup Fifth Round
13/2 - Tottenham (H)
16/17/2 - Champions League R16 1st Leg
20/2 - Arsenal (A)
23/24/2 - Champions League R16 2nd Leg
27/2 - West Ham (H)
28/2 - EFL Cup Final

Compared to Liverpool’s February:

3/2 - Brighton (H)
6/2 - Manchester City (H)
10/2 - FA Cup Fifth Round
13/2 - Leicester (A)
16/17/2 - Champions League R16 1st Leg
20/2 - Everton (H)
23/24/2 - Champions League R16 2nd Leg
27/2 - Sheffield United (A)
28/2 - EFL Cup Final

Time to throw the domestic cups. Play the kids and see how we do

I think I read an article in the week where clubs had hoped to stream off their own websites, but that got knocked back partly by pressure of the broadcasters. I think concessions should be made to season ticket holders but otherwise I don't think there will be a "legal" way of watching them.

The 3pm broadcast blackout will return anyway because non league sides are returning with crowds (below 6th tier I think initially).

This really is an absolute farce. Scandal that UK supporters get barred from watching their own teams live whilst the rest of the world can see it.

This really is an absolute farce. Scandal that UK supporters get barred from watching their own teams live whilst the rest of the world can see it.
I suspect it is also done to increase the value of the rights of the available games - scarce commodity etc. Not sure about you but I felt there was too much football in lock down, and City aside, I went from watching a lot of most of the games on Saturdays and Sundays before lock down, to not watching much of any even though they were on every day at every conceivable hour.

Ultimately though, it makes a massive difference to non league football and the communities they serve. I think it is a good thing personally. CIty will be selected for the majority of games - I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.