Fixtures 2020/21

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we’re still in the cups and the Champions League knockouts then February could royally fuck us over.

2/2 - Burnley (A)
6/2 - Liverpool (A)
10/2 - FA Cup Fifth Round
13/2 - Tottenham (H)
16/17/2 - Champions League R16 1st Leg
20/2 - Arsenal (A)
23/24/2 - Champions League R16 2nd Leg
27/2 - West Ham (H)
28/2 - EFL Cup Final

Compared to Liverpool’s February:

3/2 - Brighton (H)
6/2 - Manchester City (H)
13/2 - Leicester (A)
20/2 - Everton (H)
27/2 - Sheffield United (A)
28/2 - EFL Cup Final

Time to throw the domestic cups. Play the kids and see how we do
Yup. If it were me, I would fuck the domestic cups off and concentrate only on PL and CL. No point in getting our players completely drained for the run-in and the CL knockout stages.

I suspect it is also done to increase the value of the rights of the available games - scarce commodity etc. Not sure about you but I felt there was too much football in lock down, and City aside, I went from watching a lot of most of the games on Saturdays and Sundays before lock down, to not watching much of any even though they were on every day at every conceivable hour.

Ultimately though, it makes a massive difference to non league football and the communities they serve. I think it is a good thing personally. CIty will be selected for the majority of games - I wouldn't worry about it too much.

No, on a personal level, I’ll hopefully be able to find a solution anyway, but I just feel it shouldn’t have to come to that.
I don’t know, maybe there are lots of people out there who will pay to go to watch a non league at 3pm but who wouldn’t do so if there was a City match on at 3pm, but I haven’t met many if so.
Just feels a bit tail wagging dog, esp when the rest of the the world can watch those games.
I agree with you about the constant football on before, but I hoped they could double and triple up some of the games so they were not as spread out. In terms of value of the commodity, I don’t think they are up for renewal soon are they?

If we’re still in the cups and the Champions League knockouts then February could royally fuck us over.

2/2 - Burnley (A)
6/2 - Liverpool (A)
13/2 - Tottenham (H)
20/2 - Arsenal (A)
27/2 - West Ham (H)
28/2 - EFL Cup Final

3/2 - Brighton (H)
13/2 - Leicester (A)
20/2 - Everton (H)
28/2 - EFL Cup Final

I don't see the dippers schedule particularly easier than ours. Plus, they have a Merseyside derby to contend with in there.

2/2 - Burnley (A)
6/2 - Liverpool (A)
13/2 - Tottenham (H)
20/2 - Arsenal (A)
27/2 - West Ham (H)
28/2 - EFL Cup Final

3/2 - Brighton (H)
13/2 - Leicester (A)
20/2 - Everton (H)
28/2 - EFL Cup Final

I don't think there is much difference in the difficulty of fixtures there personally. Just a lot of games potentially for both.

The European games are not 1st Leg and 2nd leg either unless we end up in the Europa (their round of 32) so it will only be one of those, preferably the 23/24. They split the champions league round of 16 games over two weeks, so the first leg will be either 16/17 or 23/24 Feb, and 2nd leg will be 9/10 or 16/17 Mar.

Agree the kids and fringe players should play in the cups but don't think we need to throw any games, they're better than a lot of teams. If we get knocked out, fine, but let them give it a go. Just don't play the likes of KDB, Sterling, Sergio, and Laporte. Pep has a habit of playing a strong side though.

I don't think there is much difference in the difficulty of fixtures there personally. Just a lot of games potentially for both.

The European games are not 1st Leg and 2nd leg either unless we end up in the Europa (their round of 32) so it will only be one of those, preferably the 23/24. They split the champions league round of 16 games over two weeks, so the first leg will be either 16/17 or 23/24 Feb, and 2nd leg will be 9/10 or 16/17 Mar.

Agree the kids and fringe players should play in the cups but don't think we need to throw any games, they're better than a lot of teams. If we get knocked out, fine, but let them give it a go. Just don't play the likes of KDB, Sterling, Sergio, and Laporte. Pep has a habit of playing a strong side though.

Cheers for the clarification on the European fixtures mate

6th feb to 6th march could be tricky
6th feb dippers A
13th feb spuds H
20th feb arse A
27th feb wet spam H
6th march rags H

Chuck in a potential CL trip to Shaktar/other long away trip between Scouse and Spurs....

View from a Leeds fan, for balance on assessing schedule difficulty.

How do I hide this post from Jim...

Edit: forum seems to not want to load the tweet so here is a screenshot:

5E97536F-3CD6-423E-BF8E-7CFF8DCCFFD4.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.