Fixtures Calendar - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
What replays?! I understand they are only selective this season, so I reckon this means our FA Cup games will be designated ‘decide on the day’
Selective? Never heard that but would never work. Imagine a team having to replay and another ET and pens on the day. Wouldn’t be a fair playing field

Selective? Never heard that but would never work. Imagine a team having to replay and another ET and pens on the day. Wouldn’t be a fair playing field
Agreed, but I’m honestly convinced I did read earlier in the season, that that was the plan.

Spot on that midweek we have nothing on,but will they allow the Arsenal game same night as champions league games being played ?
I think UEFA allow the league matches, so long as they don't k.o. at the same times as their UCL matches. The Arse played at 18:30 or similar last season or the season before IIRC.

Would imagine there's a chance we play Arsenal on or around Valentine's Day. Imagine we'll have a game that week anyway.

Why d fuck does it take a month to complete the R16 chumps league?

Spot on that midweek we have nothing on,but will they allow the Arsenal game same night as champions league games being played ?

I think UEFA allow the league matches, so long as they don't k.o. at the same times as their UCL matches. The Arse played at 18:30 or similar last season or the season before IIRC.

Arsenal has those four midweeks booked ... CL16 gets spread over four midweeks because Europa has R32 and R16 to play during those Thursdays, so no game against Arsenal on 14/15 Feb midweek nor on 7/8 Mar midweek.

The earliest free midweek as things stand is 4/5 Apr or then after that 2/3 May ... so unless FA Cup R3 and R4 replays are scratched, that's what we are looking at, but I hope they'd get away with replays which would free up 17/18 Jan and 7/8 Feb for all.

Arsenal has those four midweeks booked ... CL16 gets spread over four midweeks because Europa has R32 and R16 to play during those Thursdays, so no game against Arsenal on 14/15 Feb midweek nor on 7/8 Mar midweek.

The earliest free midweek as things stand is 4/5 Apr or then after that 2/3 May ... so unless FA Cup R3 and R4 replays are scratched, that's what we are looking at, but I hope they'd get away with replays which would free up 17/18 Jan and 7/8 Feb for all.
You are missing the point that Arsenal arent in the Europa league r32 so they don't have a game the first 2 weeks - so we both have no game 14/15th feb.

You are missing the point that Arsenal arent in the Europa league r32 so they don't have a game the first 2 weeks - so we both have no game 14/15th feb.
Technically there isn’t a Europa R32. The group winners go straight to R16 and the second place teams play off against the CL drop outs.

UEFA long since stopped trying to block matches being played on CL mid-weeks. The CL/EL/ECL occupies six weeks for the group stages and a further eight weeks for the R16, QF, and SF. Add in the R16 playoffs and that is 15 mid-weeks blanked off - around one third of the season. That ignores the four qualifying rounds and the playoff round prior to the group stages.

I think that EPL teams may wish to avoid clashing with live screened CL matches but plenty of other leagues throughout Europe play matches on Tuesday and Wednesday up against CL matches at normal kick off times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.