Fixtures Calendar - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to plan a work trip near the derby - am I right in thinking if it is not the Sunday it is 100% the Wednesday before and not the Wednesday after?

I think it's a typo.

I think the arsenal game will move to Wednesday if city play in the CL on the following Tuesday. This is because wed have to play Brighton on the Sunday and then C.L Tuesday. Therefore arsenal Wed, Brighton Sat, CL Tuesday

As for united, I can't see it staying Sunday if we play C.L Tuesday.

Sunday 2 October
14:00/16.30 TBC Leeds v Aston Villa (Sky Sports)
14:00/16.30 TBC Man City v Man Utd (Sky Sports)*
*Due to Man City's UCL participation on 4 Oct

The Premier league site suggests the derby is deffo Sunday but will be at 2pm if UCL on Tuesday and 4.30 if UCL on weds.

Surely we can complain of they have us playing Sunday /Tuesday??
The time hasn't been confirmed, but we will play 4.30 no doubt if the day isn't moved.

The Derby on a Wednesday must be a typo.
If we are playing Tuesday and can't play on the Sunday then surely we would play on the Saturday

The time hasn't been confirmed, but we will play 4.30 no doubt if the day isn't moved.
Yeah but that wording suggests it'll either be 2pm or 4.30 depending if we play Tuesday or weds in UCL.
Has a team ever had to play sunday/Tuesday to cater for TV and potentially damage a teams chances of 2 wins

The derby game moved to Wednesday before if City play on Tues 4th October according to MCFC.
England are playing on Monday 26 September, no way can the derby be on Wednesday 28th. It must be Wednesday 19 October they have in mind surely? Not sure how the Champs League dates work out, it might be that the United and Arsenal games can’t both need to be moved

Yeah but that wording suggests it'll either be 2pm or 4.30 depending if we play Tuesday or weds in UCL.
Has a team ever had to play sunday/Tuesday to cater for TV and potentially damage a teams chances of 2 wins
It happened to us with the Chelsea FA Cup tie fiasco ahead of playing away at Kiev in the CL in 2016.
But to the best of my knowledge, no team has ever played a Sunday PL game before playing on Tuesday in CL. It’s exactly the same principle as a team that plays on Thursday night not having to play on the following Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.