Fixtures Calendar - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
am a touch puzzled. Has there been any update on the derby time situation? I can’t see what the proposal is to shift the date if we have the CL on the following Tuesday. Moving to 2pm is not a ‘solution’, particularly if the CL match is away.
my travel booking plans for October have more holes than a Swiss cheese.

Hi
am a touch puzzled. Has there been any update on the derby time situation? I can’t see what the proposal is to shift the date if we have the CL on the following Tuesday. Moving to 2pm is not a ‘solution’, particularly if the CL match is away.
my travel booking plans for October have more holes than a Swiss cheese.
Champs league draw is Thursday so all fixtures up to the world cup should be set in stone as of Thursday night apart from league Cup 3rd round

Champs league draw is Thursday so all fixtures up to the world cup should be set in stone as of Thursday night apart from league Cup 3rd round
The only solution I can see is the match being moved to the previous day at 7:45. I cant see City agreeing to a Sunday/Tuesday combination. But we shall know in a week,
I just find the absence of a complete contingency being published mystifying.

The only solution I can see is the match being moved to the previous day at 7:45. I cant see City agreeing to a Sunday/Tuesday combination. But we shall know in a week,
I just find the absence of a complete contingency being published mystifying.
I’d be surprised if GMP allowed a derby to kick off at 7:45pm on a Saturday.
I reckon that if we’re playing on the following Tuesday, they’ll swap the derby with West Ham v Wolves which is currently on Sky at 5:30 on the Saturday. The old bill probably wouldn’t be too keen on that either but from their point of view, it’s preferable to a couple of hours later in the evening.
As you say, all will be known soon enough!

I’d be surprised if GMP allowed a derby to kick off at 7:45pm on a Saturday.
I reckon that if we’re playing on the following Tuesday, they’ll swap the derby with West Ham v Wolves which is currently on Sky at 5:30 on the Saturday. The old bill probably wouldn’t be too keen on that either but from their point of view, it’s preferable to a couple of hours later in the evening.
As you say, all will be known soon enough!

United vs Liverpool is 8pm on Monday.

United vs Liverpool is 8pm on Monday.
True. And there have been more than a few midweek derbies down the years.
But I suspect an evening kick off on a Saturday would be a big red flag for GMP. Completely different to a midweek on multiple levels - a lot more fans drinking in and around town all day than on a weekday plus everything else that needs policing on a ‘normal’ Saturday night with the match thrown in on top of that.

Champions League dates were only confirmed on the Friday night last year (over 24 hours after the draw). Hopefully it reverts back to an hour or two after the draw this year, as I didn't get an awful lot of work done that Friday.

The derby confirmed for 2pm. Thought it was champions league dependant
So it was either 2 or 4.30 depending on CL involvement, now it's 2pm, unless it's not. If we get a Tuesday CL game it will be on Saturday and the West Ham / Wolves game might switch to 2pm Sunday. Has anyone told their fans?

That's what City seem to be saying but it's still 2pm Sunday on the Prem League site.

Total farce.

Is the wolves game fixed now and won't be moved depending on champions league draw?
No, it’s not fixed, only thing fixed is that BT Sport will show it … for now it’s Sat 12:30pm kickoff but that’s if our second CL group game falls on a Tuesday before … if that is on Wednesday then this Wolves game would move to a later kickoff on Saturday (5:30pm most likely, but can also be 7:45pm) so don’t book anything around it till that CL draw (and subsequent fixtures release)
Er...

Wolves away? 12.30 on 17 September?

That's before the international break.

Er...

Wolves away? 12.30 on 17 September?

That's before the international break.
I think he was saying that if we play on Wednesday 14th we won't play early on the 17th and it will be moved to later in the day

Reactions: MAG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.