Fixtures Calendar - 2023/24

Sunday wasn't good enough for the Charity Shield though for most. Unfortunately, we have a very, very spoilt fanbase that have had far too much success given to them almost overnight. I never thought I'd see City fans picking and choosing which finals they go to in my lifetime. Those same fans will be grabbing at everything they can for bigger games at the crunch end of the season, regardless of kick-off days and times.
20 years ago city fans would have jumped at the chance to go to a community shield game at 5.30 on a Sunday,but no longer unfortunately so sad

Trains from newcastle to manchester are £92 rtn with the last one at 21:05

For geordies it is absolutely the same as the charity shield
But it’s not 30,000 of them and it’s no different to any midweek 8 o’clock kick off, of which there will be plenty. I will say that a 7 o’clock kick off would be much better than 8 from an accessibility perspective.

Football sold its soul to TV in 1992 and, unless it takes to broadcasting games itself, we will always have to put up with decision like this, as we’re happy to take the cash.
If they’d put it at 1230 on Saturday we’d have complained it was too close to the Seville game…
Last point, but I’ll be there, as I always am, and I’ve got further to go than the Geordies!
Last, last point: Given its TransPenine, there likely wouldn’t be very many trains whatever kick off time they went with anyway!

20 years ago city fans would have jumped at the chance to go to a community shield game at 5.30 on a Sunday,but no longer unfortunately so sad

It's a sad state of affairs. A lot of blokes back in the day walked from all over Manchester to get to games. Now it's toys out of the pram even when we are winning everything. Aware that this forum is just a vocal minority but it's very sad to see chunks of our fanbase flaking now when they stuck around during way worse times.

City Vs Newcastle now 8pm on Saturday 19/08.
Could have been marginally worse, could've been Monday night at 8pm, which I fully expected, as I'm working with no other options on the Monday.

Sunday wasn't good enough for the Charity Shield though for most. Unfortunately, we have a very, very spoilt fanbase that have had far too much success given to them almost overnight. I never thought I'd see City fans picking and choosing which finals they go to in my lifetime. Those same fans will be grabbing at everything they can for bigger games at the crunch end of the season, regardless of kick-off days and times.
Leave it out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.