Fixtures Calendar - 2023/24

Some of our fans are pathetic, only happy if they've got something to moan about. You've been given everything on the pitch off our owners and staff and still not happy. No fans in the world have had it as good as us the last 5 years.

8pm Saturday kick offs are a fantastic idea, at least you can get some stuff done in the day before the game. I travel about an hour to games and it takes the equivalent of a full working day for each game with early parking etc, but that's my prerogative. Local fans can go out for beers afterwards and those moaning about getting home late, you would do the exact same if you went for a meal or piss up with the family on the weekend.

I'm sure there are plenty of local non-league clubs near you that would welcome your support, if you feel travelling to see the best team in the world is too much of a chore. Feel a bit for away fans but sacrifice 5 or 6 pints for a hotel room if you can't get back, or someone else will gladly take your place. Time to man up I feel, every other country has late night games on weekends.

Some of our fans are pathetic, only happy if they've got something to moan about. You've been given everything on the pitch off our owners and staff and still not happy. No fans in the world have had it as good as us the last 5 years.

8pm Saturday kick offs are a fantastic idea, at least you can get some stuff done in the day before the game. I travel about an hour to games and it takes the equivalent of a full working day for each game with early parking etc, but that's my prerogative. Local fans can go out for beers afterwards and those moaning about getting home late, you would do the exact same if you went for a meal or piss up with the family on the weekend.

I'm sure there are plenty of local non-league clubs near you that would welcome your support, if you feel travelling to see the best team in the world is too much of a chore. Feel a bit for away fans but sacrifice 5 or 6 pints for a hotel room if you can't get back, or someone else will gladly take your place. Time to man up I feel, every other country has late night games on weekends.
I wonder if these countries have decent public transport? Parking is fucked around the ground from next month supposedly, buses are shite, taxis will be at a premium at 10pm Saturday night, ye fucking great idea for local fans, tourists won’t care as they are probably staying in a hotel over the weekend not to mention Newcastle fans, if we are calling out the Charity Shield this is even worse for them. These fixtures are not for the U.K. anymore they are for overseas fans.

I wonder if these countries have decent public transport? Parking is fucked around the ground from next month supposedly, buses are shite, taxis will be at a premium at 10pm Saturday night, ye fucking great idea for local fans, tourists won’t care as they are probably staying in a hotel over the weekend not to mention Newcastle fans, if we are calling out the Charity Shield this is even worse for them. These fixtures are not for the U.K. anymore they are for overseas fans.
The kick off time is also helping our players that have a game mid week in Greece. I just think it is best to calm down and look that there are still 12:30pm kickoffs.

Why are people complaining when it’s us (City) who requested the game to be played at a later time of 8pm instead of the regular 12:30pm slot where this would have been?

And that’s due to us playing in the UEFA Super Cup mid week away in Athens … does anyone needs reminding why we are playing that game?

Can’t wait for moaners on here when we have to shuffle up the League Cup QF or postpone a game of two in the League as well for Club World Cup …

I’d take all this if we get to compete in seven competitions every season!

I agree that parking and the public transport infrastructure is shite in and around our ground. The Premier League or TV companies won't be aware of, nor care about that that. The London clubs are the majority and where all the money is spent. Overall, it's a great idea but perhaps not for us at our ground. There are ways around it though and if people want to get there, they will.

I kind of applaud people kicking off regarding the Charity Shield but the FA and other governing bodies don't give a flying fuck about Cyril from Ashton-under-Lyne or Pete from Stockport's opinion. There's far too much money in the game, we saw during Covid that our league was fully self-sustainable without the need for match ticket sales. I go to watch City because I love the club and players, I don't care about any governing body or suits, I'll keep going until I'm dead. Protesting isn't going to do anything, our game was lost to the posh and rich a long, long time ago, never to return. The only hope is that Saudi keep buying all the decent players and their infrastructure catches up, that gives us hope that the Premier League and British TV companies' bubble will burst.

Sunday would’ve been better

Sunday wasn't good enough for the Charity Shield though for most. Unfortunately, we have a very, very spoilt fanbase that have had far too much success given to them almost overnight. I never thought I'd see City fans picking and choosing which finals they go to in my lifetime. Those same fans will be grabbing at everything they can for bigger games at the crunch end of the season, regardless of kick-off days and times.

Sunday would’ve been better
TNT or BT usually show the match on Saturday though.

At the end of the day, I think it is better that the broadcaster is considering players fitness and not forcing them to play at 12:30pm, I am sure the players and manager would be happy about this decision. Some fans are happy about the decision and some are not, so I guess this is a good decision as it is better for the players.

It is shit with less parking (assumed as not TRO yet) and no public transport options for a lot of people at that time, and far worse than the CS.

Better than a Monday night though and they have been a thing for 31 years.

There won't be a pretend "boycott" as people actually want to go.

Sunday wasn't good enough for the Charity Shield though for most. Unfortunately, we have a very, very spoilt fanbase that have had far too much success given to them almost overnight. I never thought I'd see City fans picking and choosing which finals they go to in my lifetime. Those same fans will be grabbing at everything they can for bigger games at the crunch end of the season, regardless of kick-off days and times.
Ye but those games will mean something the charity shield no matter how you dress it up is not

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.