Fixtures Calendar - 2023/24

8pm Saturday fucking joke it’s gotta be said. We’re not a European league where every fixture needs to be on tv cause they’re skint. 3pm/5.30pm only
sky want 2 games on the saturday so its spurs v utd i think at 5-30 and us a t 8

Some of our fans are pathetic, only happy if they've got something to moan about. You've been given everything on the pitch off our owners and staff and still not happy. No fans in the world have had it as good as us the last 5 years.

8pm Saturday kick offs are a fantastic idea, at least you can get some stuff done in the day before the game. I travel about an hour to games and it takes the equivalent of a full working day for each game with early parking etc, but that's my prerogative. Local fans can go out for beers afterwards and those moaning about getting home late, you would do the exact same if you went for a meal or piss up with the family on the weekend.

I'm sure there are plenty of local non-league clubs near you that would welcome your support, if you feel travelling to see the best team in the world is too much of a chore. Feel a bit for away fans but sacrifice 5 or 6 pints for a hotel room if you can't get back, or someone else will gladly take your place. Time to man up I feel, every other country has late night games on weekends.
Tell that to my 5 year old grandson season ticket holder in the family stand. There is absolutely no reason why it can't be 7.00 p.m. Which is a better time for return travelling. He comes to every home match and doesn't live an hour away . He comes from County Durham and it's about a 3 hours drive to get here. I love evening games but unlike midweek they can be put on that bit earlier. So it's not a chore. It's just sensible to consider travelling fans, in particular away supporters.

Tell that to my 5 year old grandson season ticket holder in the family stand. There is absolutely no reason why it can't be 7.00 p.m. Which is a better time for return travelling. He comes to every home match and doesn't live an hour away . He comes from County Durham and it's about a 3 hours drive to get here. I love evening games but unlike midweek they can be put on that bit earlier. So it's not a chore. It's just sensible to consider travelling fans, in particular away supporters.
For the TV companies, there is a reason. The Spurs vs rags game is on at 5:30 that evening. If we kicked off at 7, the games would overlap. Not saying I agree with the timing, just trying to explain the rationale behind it.

The obsession with trains, more fans travel on Supporter buses and in cars for games.
Trains are a joke from Scotland to England, totally unreliable, expensive and last resort

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.