Fixtures Calendar - 2023/24

Apologies if this is a question that will receive comedy titanic responses, but re: September, does anybody know the last time we had four 3pm on a Saturday fixtures in the same month?

Apologies if this is a question that will receive comedy titanic responses, but re: September, does anybody know the last time we had four 3pm on a Saturday fixtures in the same month?

I can only guess ... probably NEVER!

I think they said by Saturday morning at the latest.

That’s convenient. Probably just as everyone is getting ready or on their way out to the game.

Maybe I’m going mad but I’m sure they used to announce it within an hour or two of the draw.

That’s convenient. Probably just as everyone is getting ready or on their way out to the game.

Maybe I’m going mad but I’m sure they used to announce it within an hour or two of the draw.
Used to be the draw around noon for all Euro competitions, the delegates and UEFA Officials got together afterwards to formulate the fixtures which were confirmed later the same day.

It's because the draw was made on a Thursday, before the Europa and Europa Conference draws being done today. Nothing can be sorted until after these.

Until it became an internal weekend 2nd week in around 1996. 1995 would be my guess.
Started before that, ITV were showing top flight football in 1989, Sky took over in 1991 when Leeds won the last Football League in the 91/92 season. Then along came Sky and the Rags won the first Premier League. I think, but could well be wrong. Sky started with Sunday games then added Saturday lunch and Monday night football which they made a big thing of, City v QPR was the first MNF at Maine Road, fireworks followed by a 1-1 draw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.