Fixtures Calendar - 2023/24

It follows on from the agreement they made 2 years ago, bar 15 mins later now and nothing new really.

I think the Sky tea time game moved from 5.15 to 5.30 at some point didn’t it?

If so, that’ll probably explain why the 7.45 slot has moved forward 15 minutes as well.

I think the Sky tea time game moved from 5.15 to 5.30 at some point didn’t it?

If so, that’ll probably explain why the 7.45 slot has moved forward 15 minutes as well.
The gap has been standardised to 2.30hrs yes.

Until 15 years ago it was 1245 and 1715, games started getting longer, more adverts and pundits changed to 1230 and 1730 in 2008/09.

The Sat 1945 slot first came in as a one off in 2017/18 I believe, Spurs away was out first the day before we won the title, following a 1730 game.

From a personal point of view 8pm is a pain as I work Sunday’s and I wont get home until 1am ish. But I do that in midweek matches and although occasionally I wonder if I really should - I manage. And I prefer 8pm to a 12:30 kick off - which I always find awkward to get to and if its an away match so I am watching on tv - it messes up doing much else that day. So I’m sure for TV companies even their UK audience is going to be higher for an 8pm kickoff than 12:30pm - so makes sense for them.

As to match going fans - it does depend on a host of things - I suspect, many will enjoy a Saturday doing something else and then an evening at the football. Away fans will make a weekend of it and most importantly of all, the players will get a better rest from the Wednesday match that 12:30 would have offered.

I have sympathy for people who have to travel a long distance. But that’s part of the deal I suppose when you move away or support a non local team.

Personally I love evening home games. I’m probably the only person in the ground who’s favourite TV slot is Monday night. For home games anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.