Fixtures Calendar - 2023/24

Started before that, ITV were showing top flight football in 1989, Sky took over in 1991 when Leeds won the last Football League in the 91/92 season. Then along came Sky and the Rags won the first Premier League. I think, but could well be wrong. Sky started with Sunday games then added Saturday lunch and Monday night football which they made a big thing of, City v QPR was the first MNF at Maine Road, fireworks followed by a 1-1 draw.

Football on TV started before that be we got a live game once a season. Most Septembers have 4 Saturdays, the second one becoming an international weekend meant the majority had 3, and that was the 1996 change.

Football on TV started before that be we got a live game once a season. Most Septembers have 4 Saturdays, the second one becoming an international weekend meant the majority had 3, and that was the 1996 change.
The only live games on TV going back in the day were the FA Cup final, England Internationals and if an English team was in the European cup final that was shown.

Really confused about your September comment, it’s nothing to do with 3pm kick offs which is what was originally discussed.

The only live games on TV going back in the day were the FA Cup final, England Internationals and if an English team was in the European cup final that was shown.

Really confused about your September comment, it’s nothing to do with 3pm kick offs which is what was originally discussed.

Think he’s saying as there’s normally only four Saturdays in September, as opposed to five this year, it would have been almost impossible for there to be four, Saturday 3pm games in any September since one of them has been the international break.

So league cup Newcastle away on Sky 8pm on the Wednesday, 27 Sept, but what about these CL group games - is it now too late for news this evening ??

Don’t forget showing games they’d take an ad break at corners only to come back and find a goal had been scored haha ..

City are playing Red Star Belgrade away on Wednesday 13 December.
The semi final of the Club World Cup is on 19th. As the Palace match in between cannot take place on Friday, surely it will be postponed? Saturday to Tuesday the club would push back on.

More than a bit pissed off to see we have been paired on the same nights as Newcastle.
I was looking forward to watching their games, but couldn’t care less about arsenal and united.

More than a bit pissed off to see we have been paired on the same nights as Newcastle.
I was looking forward to watching their games, but couldn’t care less about arsenal and united.
I was also disappointed (and surprised) by that. I was convinced that TNT would have wanted Arsenal and the rags playing on different nights as I would have thought those two attract the biggest viewing figures of the four English clubs.
I might have watched an Arsenal game or two if they were playing one of the big European names but their group is pretty uninspiring.

I was also disappointed (and surprised) by that. I was convinced that TNT would have wanted Arsenal and the rags playing on different nights as I would have thought those two attract the biggest viewing figures of the four English clubs.
I might have watched an Arsenal game or two if they were playing one of the big European names but their group is pretty uninspiring.
Just as a footnote to this, bearing in mind there is a 5.45pm KO time as well as an 8pm, it turns out that on 3 of the 6 Matchdays we play, Newcastle have a different KO time to us, so hopefully I can still catch some of their action too.

Yes, and I think when November picks come out, Bournemouth (H) would also stay at Sat 3pm ... next home game to change for TV is likely to be the Liverpool H (currently on 25 Nov) and then Spurs H (currently on 2 Dec).
Any idea when these are likely to be please mate? Cheers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.