Flags yesterday

there was 58 blue alliance in the bottom of 109 plus one of the lads from cm11. we did the smaller blue / maroon / blue flags (colours of all city centre blues flags ie loud proud loyal and the new one - we fight til the end) and the lad from cm11 brough the big stick flags

we'd left them at the ground the night before, the stewards handed them out to people before most of our lot got in ! but that's ok.

we wanted to relocate into a group but obviously had to wait to see if there was an opportunity first - that means cup scheme people take their seats, existing season tickets holder taking there, then it goes to relocation, then if there's a gap we can dive in somewhere. because we were low down atmosphere didn't travel too well but still enjoyable.

wearethesouthstand said:
there was 58 blue alliance in the bottom of 109 plus one of the lads from cm11. we did the smaller blue / maroon / blue flags (colours of all city centre blues flags ie loud proud loyal and the new one - we fight til the end) and the lad from cm11 brough the big stick flags

we'd left them at the ground the night before, the stewards handed them out to people before most of our lot got in ! but that's ok.

we wanted to relocate into a group but obviously had to wait to see if there was an opportunity first - that means cup scheme people take their seats, existing season tickets holder taking there, then it goes to relocation, then if there's a gap we can dive in somewhere. because we were low down atmosphere didn't travel too well but still enjoyable.
With all the top European fans who've been to the Etihad, their core noise makers all always stand at the very front.

Caveman said:
wearethesouthstand said:

With all the top European fans who've been to the Etihad, their core noise makers all always stand at the very front.

That's not how atmosphere works in England, the atmosphere invariably comes from the back and travels down the stand

wearethesouthstand said:

Brilliant, well done..

foley87 said:
C_71_article_1597414_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

i sit in 212 so didn't really notice these on saturday........might have to switch my seat to the other side of the ground so I can view this wonderful sight of flag waving every game.

we must be the envy of all other premier league fans.

;-)

Thanks. That was me and the kids....USE HEARING PROTECTION in 109.
It was The Blue Alliance who handed it out before the match.
We try to put up the Some MIght Say (Liam's) banner at the North Stand but the stewards keep making us wrap it up higher and higher cause someone in L1 complains! Ooops. Flags are brill and I think we'll see more of them at Stoke or Palace if they let us in with them that is

nice one who ever brought the flags, they looked similar at the EDS game not long ago so if it is the same lot well done... I was in the north stand 2nd tier, looked good from there...

Hope we can continue this if we get another home tie after beating stoke or palace ( confident )... Maybe those who want to bring more flags could all try to get tickets down that side ( kippax )

I got some 80 foot blue streamers off the internet, only about £1.... Tried them at odd games and look ok, would be good with more of them thrown...

Have a look at the link below, that would piss some people off especially police at the front !

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OmfrQ0w1dM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OmfrQ0w1dM</a>

salfordblues said:
Caveman said:
wearethesouthstand said:

That's not how atmosphere works in England, the atmosphere invariably comes from the back and travels down the stand
But English football atmospheres are terrible on the whole (odd exceptions are Palace Derby Stoke SheffWeds and Spurs). Maybe the way we think atmospheres work are actually the wrong way to do things.

During the Stoke game last week i saw and heard a group of lads at the very front of the South Stand singing "we are the champions, champions of England..." over and over. It's the loudest noise i've heard from the South Stand in a good while.

Great stuff - the flags looked great, and made me prouder than ever to be Blue.

Would love to see this as a regular thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.