Flight Companies

The Pink Panther said:
Im not going but I had a play on the easyjet website earlier.
Mcr to Geneva then to Barcelona and the same return journey just over 100 quid
that was Tuesday out and Thursday return with an hour and a half between flights

Top tip PP... Booked this for me and my lad. Another tip, if you've got nectar card, book easyjet through the nectar web site, and use any points you have. Saved myself £70 doing that.. Like a lot of people i just need 2 tickets !!

goatinho said:
£120 from gatwick return if you can get down there.
just booked it now

Me too. Gatwick on the 10th with BA come back on 13th. 3 nights in Derby Hotel 20 mins from ground with breakfasts inc, transfers for £506 for both me and my daughter (not bad for £253 each). £30 for the car park at the airport

Just need tickets now!

ken_barnes said:
The Pink Panther said:
Im not going but I had a play on the easyjet website earlier.
Mcr to Geneva then to Barcelona and the same return journey just over 100 quid
that was Tuesday out and Thursday return with an hour and a half between flights

Top tip PP... Booked this for me and my lad. Another tip, if you've got nectar card, book easyjet through the nectar web site, and use any points you have. Saved myself £70 doing that.. Like a lot of people i just need 2 tickets !!

At one point I was going M/cr - Milan Barca on the Tuesday Barca Malaga- M/cr Thursday. I was going crazy trying to find a way. In the end four of us out of Gatwick with Norwegian Air (wonder what the hostesses are like)

It's another thing I don't like about the CL. The list is becoming quote long.

As many are doing, the trick is to find alternate routings that don't attract the attention of the revenue managers at the airline. For info, what happens in these circumstances is not a price increase as such; what you have are numerous booking classes on the flight, correlating to different price bands. When there's a draw like this, what they do is close out the cheaper classes so only the higher prices are available. It amounts to the same thing from the customer perspective of course. The revenue managers will update the flights within minutes, so it's extremely difficult to be sufficiently quick off the mark to book - best bet is to have a selection of bookings almost completed and ready to hit confirm as the draw happens. Even then you might not be quick enough. The key to getting something cheaper is looking at the point of origin into Barcelona on the final sector. If it's not from somewhere that is in high demand, then it won't be much. You just have to get to that midpoint. My advice would be to look at all the flights that operate out of Barcelona, and look at how much it will cost to get to that destination, then fly from there.

As for the day trip, the reason that's so expensive is fairly easy to explain. Aircraft are chartered on a mix of demand, flying time, and overall chartering time to come up with a final figure. That aircraft is going to be on the ground for quite some time, when it could be doing something that earns revenue. It's not just a question of how much it costs to park it at the airport, it's also a matter of the lost potential revenue of it doing nothing built into the quote. Parked aircraft are massively expensive ornaments. If the aeroplane landed at Barcelona, and did another rotation straightaway, the seat cost would be somewhere around half what is being charged - it's that gap in time that makes it so expensive.

One other thing that's been alluded to in terms of routes, have a look at flights into Girona and Reus, both of which are relatively close to Barcelona - again via a European midpoint I'm afraid.

Hope that's of some use to someone.

We've learned that when the draw is made don't even bother trying to book flights from Manchester, as everyone pretty much looks there first as it's on your doorstep, Liverpool Bristol are out first options then it's Scotland's airports.

Making a mini holiday out of it, so got a £30 flight with Norwegian out of Gatwick to Barcelona on the Sunday.

Need to arrange a flight home now...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.