Florida, Disney, Universal etc

The times ive been we went in late June, early July...really hot with the odd random torrential rain storm....which last about 15 mins and then they dry up again as it gets really hot :-)

A mate has just got back and said he does not know how anyone can go to Disney and not come back thinking it was wank.

He is not short of a few bob so I am sure that the cost was not the issue, he said unless you stay within the park expect a queue for the car park upon arrival $22, queue for train to take you to a monorail, queue from monorail to ticket office, queue from ticket office to security check, queue from security check to finally get into park. Once in he then said that you could not move for people. The small rides (same level as the teacups at Alton towers) had people stood with placards stating "1 hour 30 mins from this point" so they did not go on anything, enjoyed the parade and that was about it.

He said he would never go again and would spend the money they saved on swimming with Dolphins as this made up for the disappointment of Disney to his six year old daughter.

He said Disney would have been good if they just let 250,000 in a day, he said it felt like they had let in 2.5 million.

mindmyp's_n_q's said:
A mate has just got back and said he does not know how anyone can go to Disney and not come back thinking it was wank.

He is not short of a few bob so I am sure that the cost was not the issue, he said unless you stay within the park expect a queue for the car park upon arrival $22, queue for train to take you to a monorail, queue from monorail to ticket office, queue from ticket office to security check, queue from security check to finally get into park. Once in he then said that you could not move for people. The small rides (same level as the teacups at Alton towers) had people stood with placards stating "1 hour 30 mins from this point" so they did not go on anything, enjoyed the parade and that was about it.

He said he would never go again and would spend the money they saved on swimming with Dolphins as this made up for the disappointment of Disney to his six year old daughter.

He said Disney would have been good if they just let 250,000 in a day, he said it felt like they had let in 2.5 million.

To be fair, your mate decided to go during the U.S Spring Break. I'm sure there are valid reasons for that, but it's one of the worst places to be during spring break.

Much quieter between now and June and September/October when the kids are in school. October is fantastic because everything is Halloween themed. I hate halloween but it's interesting to see.

mindmyp's_n_q's said:

Absolutely nothing like my experience

We go every other year for 2 or 3 weeks, we are heading out again in Sept 2015, this time taking our baby girl for the 1st time and getting married ;)

We always hire a villa with a pool and a car, having done it both ways I.e hotel an no car, it just doesn't bare comparison and as daft as it sounds we usually get it cheaper going in a car in a villa with private pool.

Last time we went I hired a ford mustang convertible for 2 weeks, cost me £430. Well worth it, but 'economy' cars are just as good and much cheaper.

We hired a 4 bedded villa, which consisted of 2 masters king size both with en suite, a double and a twin plus a double pull out so would sleep 10. £630 for that.

Flights we got for £440 pp

If you want any info just fire me a pm an I can point you in the direction of all the sites and contacts we've built up over the years!

We love it, we got engaged there, are getting married there and it's our dream to live there permanently!

kashmir said:
We've done Florida a few times and loved every minute a few years ago we thought we would try Disney Paris what a bag of shite compared to Florida
Save up for Florida and sod the French
True dat,i've done both.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.