Florida, Disney, Universal etc

W12 said:
Book your flights, hire a motor and rent a villa with a pool.
This is exactly what we are doing in November, I've been before and stayed in lake bueno vista (I think) and it's class! Taking my daughters this time and expect a different experience again.
If your going as an adult try the Epcot challenge-a beer in every country!

I have been a few times and looking forward to taking my kids for the first time in a couple of years, have stayed in villas and at on site hotels both have their benefits. myself and my partner love staying on site for the convenience, if you can get a deal that includes the dining plan the cost doesnt seem as bad, the dining plan is fantastic, huge range of fantastic restaurants and you never have to worry about paying for a meal the whole time you are there. check out allearsnet.com another great website where you can even find menus for all the restaurants and reviews of all the hotels. Even though I dont mind driving I love staying on site just to be able to be ferried around on the coaches for 2 weeks and not have to worry about driving/parking etc. Can highly recommend port orleans riverside resort, its a moderate level hotel so bit more expensive than the all star ones but its a beautiful relaxing hotel with great pools etc for the kids. you will have a blast!

What time of year is best to go? Maybe slightly quieter in september october but then we have to take the kids out of school....

bluesmarty said:
What time of year is best to go? Maybe slightly quieter in september october but then we have to take the kids out of school....

best time of year for me is march or november, weather is warm, sunny and not at all humid. crowds are usually fine but just check that you won't be there over any us holidays.

bluesmarty said:

Isn't this the hurricane season? Been before and got caught up in one - bizarre experience - full on state police at petrol stations, curfews at night, panic buying at Walmart and hotels booked full with south Florida residents escaping the worst.

bluesmarty said:

If you can do it go in February. The weather was lovely and the crowds,for Disney, non-existant. At times, we basically walked onto rides or maybe waited 5-10 minutes. I'm talking the major ones.

The kids didn't have to rush when seeing/getting photos with the characters. I'd also recommend buying speed passes.

When you have decided on dates, if you decide to eat @ park restaurants make reservations straight away online. Since we just went I can try answer any questions you have re: car services, and the parks in general. My wife did a massive amount of research.

Another, nice thing about staying on property is Disney lets you in the Parks an hour before the general public.

It might be the best family trip we've taken. The efforts the Disney cast make to ensure everyone, especially your children, are happy really is wonderful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.