FlyBE

I’d use Southend to Manchester and back again quite regularly with Flybe but the route seemed to stop. It was often sparse so the news doesn’t surprise me.

Thought they were going to be taken over by Virgin and rebranded Virgin Connect. Maybe they have decided to let them go and hoover them up on the cheap and not have to worry about outstanding debts

edit...Just seen Brummie Blues earlier posts

Thought they were going to be taken over by Virgin and rebranded Virgin Connect. Maybe they have decided to let them go and hoover them up on the cheap and not have to worry about outstanding debts

edit...Just seen Brummie Blues earlier posts

I was also wondering today to what extent the virgin takeover/buy out actually reached/was completed, supposedly done last Feb, Virgin Atlantic, in a consortium with British transport seniors Stobart and financing firm Cyrus Capital Partners, jointly calling themselves Connect Airways. Companies house has Connect Airways listed with no financial entries, this may be because no accounts have been filled yet, but it has Flybe and it subsidiaries still trading, they have two directors listed with both companies.

It did cross my mind that Connect Airways may be looking to pick it up cheap and be up to something, or at least get a rescue package (government lead) in place.

Interestingly, the supplier I know has had their due invoices paid by Flybe and Connect Airways are now placing orders. Whichever way it happens it looks like Connect Airways will be flying planes soon, they will defiantly getting them rebranded and serviced.

what happened to market forces? Business unable to pay its way owing taxes amongst other things should presumably fail. That would be a disaster for small airports and connectivity but we have a Governing party who believes in market forces so its sad but Thomas Cook and Monarch show that its a tough world in aviation...................errrr...........hang on........a bailout? WTF???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.