Foam hands/t-shirts just make me cringe.

Didsbury Dave said:
For the forthcoming cup semi final, some of you are going on as though we are a non-league club having their big day out in the FA Cup 3rd round. Yeah, if your under 12 I can understand the giddiness and the attraction of wearing all your City accoutriments and carrying inflatables or whatever. But any grown men getting involved in this silliness need to take a long hard look at themselves and remember which club you represent.

We are Manchester City, not Rushden and Diamonds. Cup Semi Finals are a part of the club's tradition. The fact that the club has been run by fools for the last 35 years doesn't change anything. We are a big City club with a working class fanbase who should not be getting giddy and turning up en-masse with foam hands, cut out FA Cups, curly wigs, stupid hats, inflatable or anything more becoming to minnows with all the family on their once-in-a-lifetime day out, than a proud club. Do you think Chelsea or Everton or Villa or even Man United would do this?

If your answer is no then have a long look at yourself. We are Manchester City. We should be in FA Cup Semi Finals. We are only returning to our rightful place.

Have some dignity. It's bad enough Garry Cook and his marketing numpties cheesing up COMS with their tacky shit without you lot making it worse.

Turn up in numbers and make a wall of noise. That's all that is required.

This is an official statement from the MCFC Kill The Cheese Movement

Like I said before, it's beginning to sound like a school trip.

I'm all for the kids getting face paints and foam hands etc. but 'grown-ups' should be limited to shirt, scarf and hat or cap.

Then again I am a miserable bastard.

And proud of it so no point trying to upset me by saying I am.

daveduke67 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
For the forthcoming cup semi final, some of you are going on as though we are a non-league club having their big day out in the FA Cup 3rd round. Yeah, if your under 12 I can understand the giddiness and the attraction of wearing all your City accoutriments and carrying inflatables or whatever. But any grown men getting involved in this silliness need to take a long hard look at themselves and remember which club you represent.

We are Manchester City, not Rushden and Diamonds. Cup Semi Finals are a part of the club's tradition. The fact that the club has been run by fools for the last 35 years doesn't change anything. We are a big City club with a working class fanbase who should not be getting giddy and turning up en-masse with foam hands, cut out FA Cups, curly wigs, stupid hats, inflatable or anything more becoming to minnows with all the family on their once-in-a-lifetime day out, than a proud club. Do you think Chelsea or Everton or Villa or even Man United would do this?

If your answer is no then have a long look at yourself. We are Manchester City. We should be in FA Cup Semi Finals. We are only returning to our rightful place.

Have some dignity. It's bad enough Garry Cook and his marketing numpties cheesing up COMS with their tacky shit without you lot making it worse.

Turn up in numbers and make a wall of noise. That's all that is required.

This is an official statement from the MCFC Kill The Cheese Movement

I'm all for the kids getting face paints and foam hands etc. but 'grown-ups' should be limited to shirt, scarf and hat or cap.

Even that's excessive!

Skashion said:
BillyMC said:
1989...whatever next we all drop a couple of E's and wear dungarees.
Ah well, singing's out as well then, and scarves, and wearing colours.

Theres a big difference between getting behind the team and making a racket and looking like fucking crusty the clown on his way to a Billy Smart circus. I dont know a blue who would wear all that shite apart from their 5 year old kids. Put your city shirt on if thats your thing, get the flags out and shout your nuts off...but all this bollocks about smoke bombs, tinfoil FA cups, foam hands makes most blues puke.

BillyMC said:
Skashion said:
Ah well, singing's out as well then, and scarves, and wearing colours.

Theres a big difference between getting behind the team and making a racket and looking like fucking crusty the clown on his way to a Billy Smart circus. I dont know a blue who would wear all that shite apart from their 5 year old kids. Put your city shirt on if thats your thing, get the flags out and shout your nuts off...but all this bollocks about smoke bombs, tinfoil FA cups, foam hands makes most blues puke.

Your last point hit the nail on the head. Most sensible grown up blues won't be making idiots of themselves, a scarf or hat mabe but as Dave said, leave the cheese to the kids. Americanisations from St Gary Cooke (he who shall never be criticised) do my fucking head in.

I'm going in a pair of tartan flares with a scarf wrapped round each wrist-and for 100% top blue authenticity,I'll be taking a flask of late 70's Oxo in my original bag with a pic of the 1976 cup-winners bought form Barrys hardware shop on Fog Lane....still with till receipt attached...;-)

1_barry_conlon said:

Even that's excessive![/quote]

Sorry - shirt OR scarf Or hat Or cap.

And maybe some lucky blue socks OR underpants.

daveduke67 said:
1_barry_conlon said:

Even that's excessive!

Sorry - shirt OR scarf Or hat Or cap.

And maybe some lucky blue socks OR underpants.[/quote]

No need for underpants sunny jim...should be going commando this time of the year...get some spring air round the unit.

All about opinions really, but don't get some blues on here dictating what is and what's not 'acceptable'. At least if this stuff is there (probably mainly for the kids) - those that want to can and those that don't won't.

On a related point, where has 'cringe' and 'cringeworthy' come from all of a sudden ... makes me cringe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.