Focus Group - Etihad Stadium

Someone has been reading bluemoon
--------------------------

Manchester City are planning to increase the capacity of the Etihad Stadium to 63,000 and have met fans to discuss the future development.

City are looking at expanding the North Stand into an enormous two-tier development that would increase capacity by 8,000. [Mail on Sunday]

Last edited by a moderator:
All the focus seems to be on the expansion, but I'd like them to sort out the transport, parking, tannoy, wifi, website and tickets selling (and the annual seat moving/inactive season tickets August queues celebration) first. Easy fixes that the club has consistently failed to sort for years and years that give me little faith that things will improve with an extra 7,000 seats.
They're very good at putting out texts and emails asking our opinion, but never act on anything negative.
Any reason why this should be anything other than yet another happy clappy backslapping exercise for a bunch of blokes in suits who never make it out of the posh seats?

All the other points you mention were raised in the focus group I attended. A lot is outside the control though of the club i.e. the state of the roads and transport system in Manchester.

Just can’t agree (with Boris). The Kippax was in M14, and in my heart the ghost of the Kippax is — and ever will be — in M14.
I really like the idea of naming the new stand the Bert Trautmann stand, or the Joe Mercer stand, if it happens.

They should just rename the whole stand - The Kippax. Before the name is lost to history. Would bring us all together, invoke pride and strike fear into a lot of away fans. Plus lots of merchandising opportunities to the club. Pretty hard to market 'North Stand' and 'South Stand' . Crap names. The Kippax would be a top name.
Suppose there's an explanation somewhere, Why did the Maine Road ground name one of it's stands The Kippax, obviously being named after the street but how did the council come by that name, a Leeds, West Yorkshire connection ?

The comments on the mail section are so ignorant. They really do believe our stadium is always empty.

Idiots.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.